Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thoughts I experience came after a suicide attempt where i stabbed myself in the neck. Does anyone else get these almost final destination-esque thoughts about you or your family members? I always feel this awful sense of dread and break down crying. I either see myself or family members dying ugly deaths.

Sometimes i can almost hear the thoughts. It's terrible, i know, but does anyone else get this? I also looked up something that terrified me. It's a legend ( i will say no more cause i don't want to scare anyone). Anyway, this legend thing scared the crap outta me and i have been suffering with anxiety for 3 months now.
I believed i had telepathy and could talk to the (lets say ghost) in the legend. I dont even live in the state where the legend took place. If you did or said something that offended the "ghost" you and your family would be cursed.

I'm afraid that i might have telepathically contacted the "ghost" in the legend and cursed my entire family. Though nothing bad has happened, it has been 1 month now. How do i get over it?
Any thoughts as well as advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't reckon many (if any) people here are adequately qualified to offer you advice
Didn't you get a psychological assessment after attempting suicide?

·
Banned
7,111 Posts
They are just thoughts. They arent true or valid, or based in reality. They are just purely and simply imagination.

·
Pandora’s Birthright
3,641 Posts
I am sorry to hear you have attempted suicide....as Mister X said, I would attempt to find some kind of help from a psychologist who can perhaps help you figure out the thoughts. They don't sound too uncommon to me, but would be very upsetting. Possibly OCD.

As far as the legend goes, just drawing from personal experience, when I was about 14, I read a post on a fanfic site profile that was incredibly creepy. I don't remember details, but it ended with something like, "If you don't repost this to your profile, the girl in this story will haunt you. She will appear on your ceiling above your bed on the night you least expect, and strangle you."

I never reposted it, and was subsequently on edge for several years. But despite my verge-of-paranoia, nothing ever happened.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your advice I should talk with a proffesional about this and probably will. The good thing is that it's been 3 months since i looked anything up and nothing happened. I just don't understand why my mind continues to wander.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
They have to be replaced with more positive thinking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts