Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont you hate that gut wrentching anxiety that comes from knowing youre going to a job interview in the morning? Im frusterated as well because I have waited a long time to get an interview, and now that i have one, I just dont want to go. How stupid is that?:mum

I will go, though. Just don't want to be rejected or if by some miracle i am hired, i'd be in a new environment - which scares me. One thing about being alone and unemployed, is that you are in some sort of "comfort" zone. Comfort isnt a really good word, because i've been miserable being unemployed. But at least I didnt have to deal with anyone.

Bah.. just venting. Ill post how it goes tommorow.
:hide

·
Registered
546 Posts
Congratulations on getting an interview! I become so anxious when I have to go on an interview. I hope you have a good night's sleep, and everything goes well.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Phantastic,

Congratulations on the interview. I remember those days oh so well. I ended up cramming through programs tyring to remember what to do and how to program. I was afraid they would ask me questions I knew nothing about, and then they'd ask me questions I barely knew anything about. I finally decided that I just had to be me and that was all I could do. Just show them that you can do it! Other than that, if they don't think you'll fit, too bad for them! One will come along!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for caring. This was an IT position, and as millenniuman mentioned, I also did a cram session a couple of days before the interview. :lol

I got there, and I was kind of scared. I did okay, i think..but they could definately tell i was nervous. They give me a little quiz to see how much knowledge I really had, and I did pretty well.

I have some skill weaknesses, but my main concern is just being able to deal with people. I am very timid. I survived the interview. But if I did get hired, im scared to death of not being able to function properly in the work place. The people I would be working with seem really nice. But its the people i'd be providing support for are the ones that scare me. :afr

The plus side is that the job would pay more than any job I ever had in my life. So it would be good money. :stu

Oh, the name isnt a reference to anything. Guess I thought I was being cute at the time. I love your avatar, beckyphry. :nw

·
Registered
36 Posts
Phantastic said:
Oh, the name isnt a reference to anything. Guess I thought I was being cute at the time. I love your avatar, beckyphry. :nw
Well thanks! Glad the interview went well. Heh, I live in a world where any word spelled with a "ph" relates to Phish :lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well they contacted me today, asking about a 2nd interview! A time hasn't been set yet. Now im really nervous. :hide I realize its a good thing, but I feel like I have to really win them over this time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nah, a second interview means they love you and maybe they just have a few more questions for you. Go into the interview thinking about how great they must think you are to ask you back again! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Phantastic said:
Well they contacted me today, asking about a 2nd interview! A time hasn't been set yet. Now im really nervous. :hide I realize its a good thing, but I feel like I have to really win them over this time.
Best of luck!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, they called again and told me to be there at 8:30 tommorow morning. Im going to meet with some of the guys there to make sure im the "Right guy for the job".

I am sooo scared. Im not going to sleep at all tonight. I feel like this is a really good opportunity for me, but im also scared of actually taking the job. I guess I see a big change in my life, and im afraid to take it. As weird as it sounds, its more comfortable to be depressed and unemployed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Change is scary! Fo shizzle. But this sounds like a great opportunity and I bet the 2nd interview is just a formality. Face it, they love you. :nw ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are too kind, beckyphry.

Im going to try very, very hard to push past being scared and everything. Even if I have to run through the doors screaming.. im going to drag myself there.

I am supposed to wear a suit for this little interview. Im going to be interviewing with big daddy, the boss of the boss that i'd be working for. They have narrowed the candidates to just a few, with me being on the top of the list. I just hope I dont blow it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just thought i'd post an update from Friday. The 2nd interview didnt go very well. I was so nervous the night before, that I only got 3 hours of sleep. I had to talk to 3 different interviewers this time. I was so exhuasted. I didn't make a good impression at all.

Also, I think they believe that I have the knowledge and the skills to do the computer support, but I'm far too timid to be able to support the users at this particular company. I am a wreck when I have to talk to people.

By the time I got to the third interviewer, I was so uncomfortable that I just wanted to just get up and leave in the middle of it (i didnt, though). I felt devastated that I had blown this, and at the same time I was relieved that it was over.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
You did the best you could. If you don't get it, maybe this job wasn't the one for you. Let us know if you got it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts