Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Neil Freeman, of "Fake Is The New Real," redrew the U.S. as 50 states with equal population. In a post, he explained his approach:

The fundamental problem of the electoral college is that the states of the United States are too disparate in size and influence. The largest state is 66 times as populous as the smallest and has 18 times as many electoral votes. This allows for Electoral College results that don't match the popular vote. To remedy this issue, the Electoral Reform Map redivides the fifty United States into 50 states of equal population. The 2010 Census records a population of 308,745,538 for the United States, which this map divides into 50 states, each with a population of about 6,175,000.

http://fakeisthenewreal.org/reform/
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/map-us-redrawn-as-50-states-with-equal?ref=fpblg

·
A Mountain With Wings
2,281 Posts
I can already see this being used for evil :lol Just think of the gerrymandering possibilities as populations change and migrate from one area to another. Eventually some areas of the map will end up looking like this:

·
Banned
4,424 Posts
I would live in the biggest state! Rainier! I don't think the people in Alaska would like that name though since it has nothing to do with them.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
Very cool. +1 FB like

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
6.1 million people in Casco will require a lot of tree chopping, especially in the 100 mile Wilderness... think of all the toothpicks they could make :lol

This is cool though, interesting to look at.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
I can already see this being used for evil :lol Just think of the gerrymandering possibilities as populations change and migrate from one area to another.
Gerrymandering already happens because the state legislatures draw the boundaries. There should be an independent commission that does that.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
Another solution would be to get rid of the Electoral College and just say that whoever gets the most votes overall wins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts