Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What Are You Thinking About Right Now?

1M views 33K replies 633 participants last post by  discopotato 
#1 Ā·
#28,062 Ā·
The main arterial street here is now fully covered in skid marks from the weekly late night sideshows and drag racing. I can barely make out the lane markings now. Seemingly too for others drivers. Very often I see cars swerving into adjacent lanes because they cannot make out the lane markings.

#28,063 Ā·
Marvel needs to make the zombie "What if" a full fledged show spanning at least one season. One episode was not enough, not when it comes to zombies.. I liked the comic version of it, and the single episode was okay.. but there was not enough time to do it justice..

#28,068 Ā·
A girl I took a night class with at a local community college several years ago, it looked like she just moved into that light yellow house adjacent to mine (from what I could see). The next block over. We sat next to each other every class and we just partner up all the time along with another girl. After class, I will always give them a ride and drop them off close to their home, because by then it is usually after dark and they are uncomfortable walking home. I was the only one with a car amongst them.

I ran into her over the weekend and I thought she looked really familiar. Today I ran into her again when I was walking my dog around the block and it finally hit me who she was after I went home. We made quick glancing eye contact and she didn't seem to recognize me either. She has ash blonde hair now, so I probably didn't recognize at at first for that reason. Meanwhile my hair color now also isn't the same as then. Nowhere close lol. If I run into her again which I am likely to, not sure if I should try to say 'hi' and look weird for not being recognized or just keep walking and look rude as she obviously recognizes me. What's harder is, I still can't remember what her name is.

#28,069 Ā·
Itā€™s strange, hear someone speak English with an accent & you can generally place emā€¦in this series there are Italians, Turks, Russians, Belgians, Poles, & maybe others, all of them with the common lingua franc of French, when they are all speaking French, to me they all seem/sound French, but in English of course can generally place emā€¦they jump all over between languages, kinda like my parents switching between & mixing Twi with English, must fascinating to be multilingual, so many lenses to view the world

#28,071 Ā·
Things are getting weird (and awkward) at Costco. Ever since the start of the pandemic, I have been noticing the people you see in there giving out samples have been slowly replaced with more and more obnoxious and pushy people.

This last time I was in there, there was some man at the end of one of the aisles who was apparently trying to sell pots and pans. It was so bizarre. It was like an infomercial was ripped from TV like a page from a book and plopped down in the middle of Costco.

So he's there beating on these things and scraping them with forks and shouting "Look at that! It's METAL! IT'S METAL! These things will last a lifetime!". And even more awkwardly than that, he had decided that he wasn't loud enough without a PA system so you could hear him before you could see him.

Are they really that desperate?

#28,072 Ā·
Looks like I have a pretty big choice to make and sooner than later. It is a less than ideal situation and will cause me issues either way. I will have to do this my own as well as I donā€™t have the support or anyone in real life (other than my therapist) to discuss this with without being judged.

#28,073 Ā·
Things are getting weird (and awkward) at Costco. Ever since the start of the pandemic, I have been noticing the people you see in there giving out samples have been slowly replaced with more and more obnoxious and pushy people.

This last time I was in there, there was some man at the end of one of the aisles who was apparently trying to sell pots and pans. It was so bizarre. It was like an infomercial was ripped from TV like a page from a book and plopped down in the middle of Costco.

So he's there beating on these things and scraping them with forks and shouting "Look at that! It's METAL! IT'S METAL! These things will last a lifetime!". And even more awkwardly than that, he had decided that he wasn't loud enough without a PA system so you could hear him before you could see him.

Lol That would make me run away. šŸ¤£

That is kind of comical, though. But it might make me more anxious if I went shopping there.

#28,074 Ā·

They need to paint a picture as to why you need to buy their garbage. And weird and obnoxious is their canvas.

#28,075 Ā·