Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
22721 - 22740 of 22787 Posts

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
Bonfire night was Friday but still the bangs go on. I feel so sorry for people with PTSD and all the animals that suffer.
Yeah it often goes on weeks sometimes. Last year was worse I think because people were bored because of the pandemic.

Reactions: alwaysrunning

·
😒🤡
7,126 Posts
My phone was overheating for quite a few days. Finally fixed the problem. It was either cause I needed to update a few of my apps or restarting the phone helped. One of the two. I tried both and tried the main problems you try with phones when they overheat like clearing all apps over and over, turning down brightness, and cleaning up junk.

Also, going to the battery on my settings and fixing that, which was something new I never tried before. At least it was new to me. Sure wouldn't want to get a new phone after only a little over 5 months. But its doing better now. It must have had something to do with binging Netflix on my vacation. 😒...I like that I figured this out on my own, though.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
Apparently YouTube are removing public dislikes, that's kind of bad though because they're keeping likes (so basically the same format as with comments.) I guess that's fine in general but it does mean you have no idea the ratio of opinions on political commentary and other bonkers stuff. In contradiction with what they want (they claim this is to help small creators, since people are complaining it was designed to help corporations,) I imagine it will also attract more abusive comments because people will be annoyed that they can't just click the dislike button now.

·
😒🤡
7,126 Posts
Had an hour meeting today over health insurance. I did not feel comfortable the first half of the meeting. Crowds still make me uncomfortable even though my SA has lessened somewhat. But it got me away from work for an hour so yay.

It's weird cause I always think of HS whenever we had to go to an assembly at school and got away from schoolwork for like an hour. I never liked those either cause it was all the people total in my grade gathered together and I had to sit down surrounded by like over 900 people. It was unbearable.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,222 Posts
Not handling well at all the time change and 5:00PM darkness. It has definitely contributed to my recent anxiety spike. My area is a depressing place to begin with and being dark so early combined with bad winter weather…ugh.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
Someone really should come up with a recipe website for people with mental health/executive function issues. I mean easy recipes that don't have 453535 ingredients but are also healthy and don't require thinking to make.

Reactions: quiet_speaker

·
Super Moderator
34,906 Posts
I love how seagulls like being around each other, yet they hate each other.
I like how when they hang out in parking lots they will only move as much as they have to when a car needs to drive through and they give you a dirty look as you drive by. :LOL:

Christmas shopping is so draining, especially when you are already tight...
I actually used to enjoy the hunt but I am terrible at guessing what people want. And my mother is a huge drag on holidays and it is way less trouble to just avoid even trying.

·
Super Moderator
5,014 Posts
This guy I talked to briefly almost around the same time I went out with my boyfriend decided to text me and ask how I am doing. After basically ghosting me from the platform we met and never responding to my texts after. Sorry bud, I'm now taken by a decent man who actually stuck around and sees me as his top priority.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
Saw someone get into a wreck on the interstate while it was happening. I can say that's my first time seeing a wreck in real time.
One time in France while me and my family were stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway we drove past a car that was completely on fire. I think that was the worst one but I've seen a couple of other crashes happen around here there's a road near where I live where they happen a lot actually.

I also live on a busy road but I normally miss people crashing and things like that because I live on the other site of the house. One time early in the morning I think someone was driving and crashed into a tree randomly (no one else was on the road at the time.) Another time a cement truck crashed into a car parked on the other side of the road during the day.

·
Terminator
13,372 Posts
This guy I talked to briefly almost around the same time I went out with my boyfriend decided to text me and ask how I am doing. After basically ghosting me from the platform we met and never responding to my texts after. Sorry bud, I'm now taken by a decent man who actually stuck around and sees me as his top priority.
Good riddance to him, whoever it was. Good luck to you and your new guy. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,014 Posts
Good riddance to him, whoever it was. Good luck to you and your new guy. :)
Thanks. This was a while ago and shortly before I formally started to date my boyfriend, I guess as to clarify. In a way I think that was a godsend message because I would've missed out if I hadn't went with my now-boyfriend. 😊

·
😒🤡
7,126 Posts
One time in France while me and my family were stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway we drove past a car that was completely on fire. I think that was the worst one but I've seen a couple of other crashes happen around here there's a road near where I live where they happen a lot actually.

I also live on a busy road but I normally miss people crashing and things like that because I live on the other site of the house. One time early in the morning I think someone was driving and crashed into a tree randomly (no one else was on the road at the time.) Another time a cement truck crashed into a car parked on the other side of the road during the day.
Holy crap. That would be crazy. Makes me think of this one time when I saw a car that was burned. It wasn't on fire anymore but you could tell it caught on fire and a man was standing with his baby next to the car. I assume no one got hurt and everyone made it out okay. But I couldn't tell exactly what went on.

I would not want to wreck into a cement truck. 😨

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,382 Posts
Money is one hell of a God…really it’s just numbers on a screen, or paper, or metal…and yet how often do we let fixable problems persist because we can get more of it that way than by addressing the issues at hand…

22721 - 22740 of 22787 Posts