Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
22441 - 22460 of 22469 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Things are getting weird (and awkward) at Costco. Ever since the start of the pandemic, I have been noticing the people you see in there giving out samples have been slowly replaced with more and more obnoxious and pushy people.

This last time I was in there, there was some man at the end of one of the aisles who was apparently trying to sell pots and pans. It was so bizarre. It was like an infomercial was ripped from TV like a page from a book and plopped down in the middle of Costco.

So he's there beating on these things and scraping them with forks and shouting "Look at that! It's METAL! IT'S METAL! These things will last a lifetime!". And even more awkwardly than that, he had decided that he wasn't loud enough without a PA system so you could hear him before you could see him.

Are they really that desperate?
Yikes, this sounds like the beginning of a dystopian future movie.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,049 Posts
My therapist thinks I should try and use ride sharing to get me out more since I don’t drive and have to rely on others to get anywhere. And I basically don’t ever leave the house Monday-Friday since I work from home. I know lots of people rely on them but I just have too many trust issues to even consider it I am afraid.

·
Failure's Art
2,461 Posts
I really don't know what to do with myself. Change doesn't seem possible. But I hate being stuck. I want to be in a better place. But just can't get there.

·
bipolar
17,184 Posts
One day I'm going to spend a lot more time in Thailand - it's like Indonesia on steroids. Better infrastructure etc and still much more affordable than a first world country.

·
Super Moderator
8,422 Posts
Left both receipts in the car and I looked at them today. They are a receipt for a Big Mac combo meal I had last week and one for a meal I had at a local burger place I've always liked. The fresh made burger with fresh cut & made fries together costed me about $11.56 total. I went to McDonalds last weekend and had a Big Mac combo meal. It was the first time I ordered a fastfood combo meal in a very long time. I was surprised it rang up to be $12.97 total. Although the McD combo came with a soft drink and the Big Mac was thicker but same diameter as the burger joint burger. But burger joint burger have real meat and real and fresher ingredient. While Big Mac, it's questionable if it's ingredients are even "real". Just surprised at how overpriced fastfood is or has gotten and I always wonder why there are people still going to fastfood places. Although a lot of single simple items are still pretty reasonably cheap.

·
😒🤡
6,812 Posts
I decided to buy headphones this time instead of earphones after the last two pair of earphones I got. I do like earphones so I can hear the music more clear but headphones are really good, too. This is the same pair I got years ago and didn't know they still made this same exact kind. They're pretty good.

·
Your local potato farmer
1,921 Posts
being told today that I don’t seem like the shy type was one of the most surprising and confusing moments of my life lol. I’ve never heard anyone describe me and not use words like shy or quiet. I didn’t think I could hide how shy and awkward I am that well

·
Super Moderator
34,556 Posts
I decided to buy headphones this time instead of earphones after the last two pair of earphones I got. I do like earphones so I can hear the music more clear but headphones are really good, too. This is the same pair I got years ago and didn't know they still made this same exact kind. They're pretty good.
I have these

I bought a Bluetooth receiver for them for $9

coiled the cord up and twist tied it to the headband. Now I have massive wireless headphones.

·
😒🤡
6,812 Posts
I have these

I bought a Bluetooth receiver for them for $9

coiled the cord up and twist tied it to the headband. Now I have massive wireless headphones.
Those look like they would be good ones. How much were the headphones? And did you order them online?
Automotive tire Audio equipment Font Gas Rim

These are mine. The ear part on the headphones fold in, too. I've had like 2 pairs of these in the past. Mine were 10 dollars. Think the last pair I had was in like 2014 but I really don't remember. I'm usually good with dates but my memory is hazy on this one. 😂 I got these from Family Dollar.

22441 - 22460 of 22469 Posts