Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
22421 - 22440 of 22469 Posts

·
Just a bit stitious
5,049 Posts
I always seem to wait until the last minute to do things and it always seems to spike my anxiety. Having a bad episode plus a migraine today because of this.

·
Self isolating from self
3,198 Posts
The main arterial street here is now fully covered in skid marks from the weekly late night sideshows and drag racing. I can barely make out the lane markings now. Seemingly too for others drivers. Very often I see cars swerving into adjacent lanes because they cannot make out the lane markings.
So now they're LARPing The Fast and the Furious?

·
Super Moderator
8,422 Posts

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,242 Posts
It’s strange, hear someone speak English with an accent & you can generally place em…in this series there are Italians, Turks, Russians, Belgians, Poles, & maybe others, all of them with the common lingua franc of French, when they are all speaking French, to me they all seem/sound French, but in English of course can generally place em…they jump all over between languages, kinda like my parents switching between & mixing Twi with English, must fascinating to be multilingual, so many lenses to view the world

·
Super Moderator
34,556 Posts
Things are getting weird (and awkward) at Costco. Ever since the start of the pandemic, I have been noticing the people you see in there giving out samples have been slowly replaced with more and more obnoxious and pushy people.

This last time I was in there, there was some man at the end of one of the aisles who was apparently trying to sell pots and pans. It was so bizarre. It was like an infomercial was ripped from TV like a page from a book and plopped down in the middle of Costco.

So he's there beating on these things and scraping them with forks and shouting "Look at that! It's METAL! IT'S METAL! These things will last a lifetime!". And even more awkwardly than that, he had decided that he wasn't loud enough without a PA system so you could hear him before you could see him.

Are they really that desperate?

·
Just a bit stitious
5,049 Posts
Looks like I have a pretty big choice to make and sooner than later. It is a less than ideal situation and will cause me issues either way. I will have to do this my own as well as I don’t have the support or anyone in real life (other than my therapist) to discuss this with without being judged.

·
😒🤡
6,812 Posts
Things are getting weird (and awkward) at Costco. Ever since the start of the pandemic, I have been noticing the people you see in there giving out samples have been slowly replaced with more and more obnoxious and pushy people.

This last time I was in there, there was some man at the end of one of the aisles who was apparently trying to sell pots and pans. It was so bizarre. It was like an infomercial was ripped from TV like a page from a book and plopped down in the middle of Costco.

So he's there beating on these things and scraping them with forks and shouting "Look at that! It's METAL! IT'S METAL! These things will last a lifetime!". And even more awkwardly than that, he had decided that he wasn't loud enough without a PA system so you could hear him before you could see him.

Lol That would make me run away. 🤣

That is kind of comical, though. But it might make me more anxious if I went shopping there.

·
Self isolating from self
3,198 Posts

They need to paint a picture as to why you need to buy their garbage. And weird and obnoxious is their canvas.

·
Super Moderator
34,556 Posts

·
SAS Member
724 Posts
sucks having to work on a Friday night

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,818 Posts
I think I'm going to fix my bicycle, it needs a couple of tubes and it should be pretty good to go. Out of curiosity I checked to see if there are conversion kits available to turn your bike electric, and I found out that yes, there are indeed conversion kits out there. The problem is most of them don't come with a battery, and when you factor in a battery the cost gets pretty high. I think it would probably cost about $400 - $500 to convert my bike, then I would want to get new brakes for it. Buying a new electric bike would probably cost $600 - $700 USD, so it seems like a no brainer.

The thing is, my mother in law purchased this bike for me years ago. It is a cheap one, that is heavy as hell, I think she got it on sale for around $80, but it has sentimental value seeing that she passed away. I might just convert it, and continue to use it just because of that. I dunno, I'll probably buy some new tubes for it today, fix it, and take it out for a ride to see how well I like it and what else needs to be replaced. I haven't taken it out on a long ride for a few years, so it is easy to just remember the fun I've had on it.

It will be a long while before I can either convert it or purchase a new one anyway, so I'll have time to make up my mind.

·
Super Moderator
8,422 Posts
They need to paint a picture as to why you need to buy their garbage. And weird and obnoxious is their canvas.

Always impeccable accuracy.

• Haha
Reactions: Fever Dream

·
Super Moderator
7,380 Posts
I just posted a new thread on another large forum, and was surprised to get a reply within 5 minutes. Think that it is more or less what it used to be like here, but no longer. Also my rash treatment is finished soon, but not looking forward to the bloody scabies treatment next week!

22421 - 22440 of 22469 Posts