Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21881 - 21900 of 22523 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
At work at the moment. I just overslept this morning. I just have guilt. If I cannot give someone what they want I have to screw something in my life up in some way as punishment.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Mental images are thoughts too. Sometimes I just visualize taking a hammer and smashing my phone to pieces. I think I will just turn it off for the rest of today instead; much cheaper this way too.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,080 Posts
This isn’t going to go well…every time I call them I am on hold forever and they never seem to be able to fix the issue. I tried everything I could think of and still nothing so I have to call. My computer’s always been messed up and I honestly think there isn’t any solution for this and I am going to have to rely on a co-worker to help me out…which is not a good feeling. Also, my boss and out IT are basically useless so if this outside entity cannot help…looks like am I out of luck.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
1,669 Posts
I've been experiencing an unusual amount of anxiety for almost a week now and I haven't been able to pinpoint why. There seems to be no reason. I just started a new blood pressure medication and it dawned on me that this all started the second day on the new medication. I thought it strange that bp meds would cause anxiety since high bp can go hand in hand with anxiety so lowering it should decrease anxiety but the timing is too coincidental. I can barely sit still long enough to meditate anymore.

·
Administrator
9,146 Posts
Someone special. 🥰 And if I’ll be able to get my tea and orange juice back to my room without spilling them or smudging my nails.

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,393 Posts
I drive a Porsche
You drive a Ford
Both of these whips don't exist in Elder Scrolls.

·
😒🤡
6,868 Posts
I spammed my oldest sister with three music links. Lmao I won't send her anymore so she doesn't think I'm spamming her. 😂 She seems to like all my links so far so that's cool. I like that we can bond over music.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,393 Posts

·
alien monk
8,665 Posts
happiness: what is it and how do I get it?

I think the past me knew something about that, but not the present me

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
1,669 Posts
@andy1984

I'm not sure if you were actually asking but...

I'm still figuring it out. So far what I've learned and what's working for me is it comes from within and that happiness seems to come from doing things that challenge oneself daily in the pursuit of something meaningful to you that positively affects the world in some way. Whatever that may be to you.

Letting go of blame and excuses. Accepting where we are right now and taking 100% responsibility for our lives. A real resolution within, making it a must to find a way and make a way.

As well as stop thinking about ourselves so much.

This is something someone else said but I don't know who he is...

"So if there's extreme darkness, there has to be extreme light. There's duality to everything. Everybody will wake up each day doing subtraction. I wake up doing addition.
I wake up and say "What can I do today to add to my skillset? What can I do today to add to someone else's joy? What can I do today to serve someone else?"
So when you keep a mindset of service, your problems and that darkness become smaller."

21881 - 21900 of 22523 Posts