Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21621 - 21640 of 21750 Posts

·
Registered
Worthless garbage
9,223 Posts
I always considered my sister to be my best friend. But lately she hardly pays any attention to me or what I say because her phone is more important. I'm sitting right beside her, talking to her and she just grunts. Makes me sad.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,133 Posts
I always feel like less of a man when it comes to repairing or building things. Sure everyone has their skills, but I live in Oil/Farm/Trade country, men here know how to build, repair, or tear down most things(or whatever order of those three things) & I have none of those skills whatsoever & always feel ashamed trying & failing at them

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,662 Posts
I was reading a thread on another forum that seems to be stuck in another decade yet still frequented, and I find the behavior of some people there kind of amusing. One thing that hit me with a nostalgia hammer was how people used to quote others in a way to try to belittle them and start an argument. What made it strange, was that what was quoted usually had little to nothing to do with the message. I had completely forgotten that used to be a thing in the earlier 2000s.

For example:

Being an evolved specimen such as myself, I must protest. This is highly unlikely, and I find that you being "hit with a nostalgia hammer" hardly explains the phenomena you had experienced. Clearly, what you experienced was nothing more than ...

That used to be a thing 🤣 I kind of enjoyed seeing it still being used because it brought me back to a simpler time. There is an entire culture that has sort of vanished, because so few people were part of it. I also spotted a few words thrown around that reminded me of that time such as "clearly" - that used to be used a lot by the sophisticated types back in the day. It is strange to see how much has changed in about a decade, the way people communicate with one another online is different now.

Now I'm curious where the entire quotation thing originated from, it was popular and then kind of faded out into oblivion. I wonder if it was popular back offline then, I do remember people used to do air quotes, perhaps that is where it came from.

I think the earlier netizens of the internet, were less forgiven to one another, and often went out of their way to criticize others over the most trivial of things. Now people are less likely to engage in that behavior, at least from what I see in general - it might still exist on sites I don't frequent as often.

It is strange to see people still using it.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,133 Posts
All my life making moves on women has terrified me…finally get laid & still, terrified…work up the nerve to make some moves because she’s there seemingly hinting at me to make a move, do so & then she says stop, & then she’s there looking all suggestive again…I’ve never understood women, doubtless one random night she’ll want a booty call again…it’ll be worth the wait…I’m still confused though

·
Failure's Art
2,203 Posts
I think I'm pretty much a pescetarian at this point. I haven't eaten beef in well over a year. Not sure if I should attempt to be a full on vegetarian or not. The problem with that is I don't really now how to cook and so my meal options would be pretty limited.

·
😒🤡
6,446 Posts
I like how I can unlock my phone with my fingerprint and it lights up green. Lol It's sort of cool but a minor feature on it. The best thing about it is I get better connection. Only thing is the one phone I needed a phone case for, the guy said my phone was the only one that didn't have any cases there for it. 💀

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,149 Posts
Bourbon and ginger ale on the rocks is a nice mix. 😋:giggle:

And fireworks/firecrackers have been going on non stop now very late into the night everyday now since mid May.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,420 Posts
Kind of anxious and debating whether or not to ask a favor. Of course, it is never simple and would likely come with questions galore and conditions attached to it. But the other option is also likely to cause anxiety.

·
Super Moderator
34,096 Posts
Looks like youtube is acting up again. I just noticed frequent buffering again despite my network connection being fine and all other sites working OK. And the issue with the audio and video being way out of sync is happening again. I am pretty sure this has been happening off and on for at least the past couple weeks. I saw some kind of article where Google says they're moving Youtube to the cloud (whatever that means). I sure hope all these issues are just temporary and don't persist because so far it's not working so well. And I have pretty low expectations. I am usually just fine with 480p and I'm getting severe lag just on that when this happens.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I always feel like less of a man when it comes to repairing or building things. Sure everyone has their skills, but I live in Oil/Farm/Trade country, men here know how to build, repair, or tear down most things(or whatever order of those three things) & I have none of those skills whatsoever & always feel ashamed trying & failing at them
Lived there for 5 long years and gotta say it's a little toxic so i feel your pain. You should be shielded a bit by your music
know how . Embrace that ( and mention McDavid occasionally) and you should be alright.

Reactions: Canadian Brotha

·
😒🤡
6,446 Posts
Looks like youtube is acting up again. I just noticed frequent buffering again despite my network connection being fine and all other sites working OK. And the issue with the audio and video being way out of sync is happening again. I am pretty sure this has been happening off and on for at least the past couple weeks. I saw some kind of article where Google says they're moving Youtube to the cloud (whatever that means). I sure hope all these issues are just temporary and don't persist because so far it's not working so well. And I have pretty low expectations. I am usually just fine with 480p and I'm getting severe lag just on that when this happens.
That's rather odd.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,149 Posts
I would think the burnt particulates would make exisiting allergies even worse, compare to pollen...

·
Just a bit stitious
4,420 Posts
Rough night last night but I either got more sleep than I thought or I am able to function on somewhere between 3-5 hours of sleep. Or perhaps it is just the caffeine keeping me going. Not sure but I am somehow functional today...on a Monday.

21621 - 21640 of 21750 Posts