Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Power of Positive Thinking

Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway

Some people hate seeing me come because I am so positive and try and look on the bright side of things as much as possible.

When we feel the fear and do it (whatever it is we're scared of doing) it is a triumph for us. It helps to know that probably everyone feels fear about communicating and doing things and going places at least some of the time, so like the title of the book says:

Feel the fear and do it anyway.

That is what I am going to do with my husband George. He wants me to go with him to visit his friend and his wife and their 2 kids. I will feel the fear and go anyway.

I'll let you know how it turns out. I am, however, taking my own house keys so I can walk home if I have to. As long as I know I have an escape route, it really helps me. George was so funny, he said he knew i would try and get out of the visit and he understood. It has been so nice having a spouse who is supportive unlike all my past partners.

Thank you for reading and allowing me to be an author.

I love this forum! Has made my life a helluva lot easier and just w-a-y more fun!

Love,
Leilanistar :thanks :sas

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Power of Positive Thinking should be mandatory reading for SA'ers. I have read it maybe 5-6 times. Brian Tracy says that Positive Thinking is mental health whereas negative thinking is mental illness. When people say that positive thinking does not work for them we should ask them how the negative thinking has been working out for them!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts