Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
I can understand how they can clap, but I wonder how they can walk.

I also imagine that dating/marriage/sex would be a little.....awkward, shall we say. Too bad, since they'd be sort of cute if they each had their own body.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I seem to remember seeing a Discovery Health show about these two.

They are quite amazing actually. Of course, none of us can know what its like. For them, its the only thing they know. Great that they make the best of it.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I also imagine that dating/marriage/sex would be a little.....awkward, shall we say.
That brings up interesting questions like do they share one set of genitalia? If so, does that mean if one decides to have sex with a guy, but the other doesn't consent is that then rape?:stu Half a rape since they got consent from a half owner?:stu

Have you ever noticed that all the "freaks" they have on TV like this from TLC are always so overjoyed, a state that I'd only achieve if drugged out of my mind. Do you think there just might be some bias? Do you think that just maybe they don't show the bitter ones that ask WTF are we doing here being made like this? Or does having some extreme birth defect magically make folks happy as could be?

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
That brings up interesting questions like do they share one set of genitalia? If so, does that mean if one decides to have sex with a guy, but the other doesn't consent is that then rape?:stu Half a rape since they got consent from a half owner?:stu

Have you ever noticed that all the "freaks" they have on TV like this from TLC are always so overjoyed, a state that I'd only achieve if drugged out of my mind. Do you think there just might be some bias? Do you think that just maybe they don't show the bitter ones that ask WTF are we doing here being made like this? Or does having some extreme birth defect magically make folks happy as could be?
Thats a good question. I'd think legally, it possibly could. If 2 people own something together, say a house, generally they both need to consent for it to be legally sold.

And I'm sure they just don't show the bitter ones.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts

:lol youre a little too much

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
it would be so weird to be connected to somebody like that. Which one gets to eat for the both of them. What would happen if one of them died? Can they both feel their sex. With due respect, it is interesting and curious.

·
Banned
583 Posts
I've seen both of their shows on TLC.

At first I was very curious as to how they did everything in their everyday life, and how dating life would be. When I saw their show, though, I noticed that they're confident, outgoing, and loved by their peers and families. I wish I had 1/3 of the confidence they each have.

If you made love to one of them, could you call it a threesome?
Ha-ha?

I can understand how they can clap, but I wonder how they can walk.

I also imagine that dating/marriage/sex would be a little.....awkward, shall we say. Too bad, since they'd be sort of cute if they each had their own body.
They coordinate everything basically. Every time they take a step, they're maneuvering. Their whole like is 100% team work.

The dating could be awkward, but these girls are so sweet and social that I doubt the guys would notice whilst dating. I mean, they guys should be over that fact if they had the nerve to ask them out.

And, I'm sorry, but would it be less detrimental if they were conjoined and 'unattractive'? That's really superficial in your part.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts

I was thinking about that as I watched that clip- and I'm sure a large percentage of the people who were watching that thought the same thing. They kind of addressed that evasively. It just kind of annoys me how, they say they want their privacy and whatnot, yet they are on national television doing so. It's like standing in the middle of the street, waving your arms around and going, "I don't want attention! I don't want attention! I don't want attention!". It sucks, but they're always going to get people staring. It's not fair, it probably sucks, but come on, I highly doubt people like them make up a large percentage of the population.
All I know is, I wouldn't want to live like that. But that's all they've known. They don't know any differently.

TLC; the whole purpose of these little shows about abnormal people (trying to be politically correct) living their lives is because it's supposed to be inspirational. You're supposed to watch it and go, "Wow, that woman has no legs/Those girls are conjoined/That guy has a giant tumor on his face- maybe my life isn't that bad after all!". La de da.
They mean to tell me that those girls are perfectly peachy with the idea of being CONJOINED FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIFE? That they never once want to be alone? No! They're happy! They're living la vida loca! Sure they say, "It's good, 'cause your never alone!" Yeah, you're never alone. EVER. The producers tell them to focus on the positive aspects of their life- and then they insert clips of them walking serenely through a park as if to say, "See? I can do it too!". That's the point. It's morbidly false, but that's the general idea.

Yeah, I've watched too many of those shows.

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
And, I'm sorry, but would it be less detrimental if they were conjoined and 'unattractive'? That's really superficial in your part.
....?

I never said I was speaking for anybody other than myself. :get For all I know, most guys wouldn't find them attractive, conjoined or not. I think they're fairly cute, but their being conjoined would be too awkward for me if I wanted to date them. Maybe I didn't state that clearly enough? :stu

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
***Thread Advisory***
You guys need to reread what you are posting :lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts