Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Twilight movie.....I just want to know why some of you or why others think its the "worst movie you've ever seen" or why you didn't like it-

Just to let you know I wasn't one of those die hard stalker fans or whatever of this movie-When the trailers were airing all those months ago, I had no interest in it, I thought it was gonna be corny, the line that goes "I know what you are""Say it" "Vampire", that line was so cliche to me, so overdone, and I just didn't get all the hype-I was even watching Ellen one day when Robert Pattinson was on I watched the interview but I wasnt obsessed with him like I am now, I could've cared less

I didn't get into until months after it hit theaters-I didn't get the desire to actually want to watch the movie until mid March and by then, no theaters were really playing it-

But I watched it on Youtube, all of it except for the like the last 11minutes(no spoilers please) and I didn't see what was so bad about it-worst movie implies that it was a joke of a movie, or the acting was so bad it could've been one of those movies on the scifi channel with the hot cast and bad gory special effects(I love those awful sci fi movies though cuz they're so bad, its entertaining)

So what was so bad about twilight??????

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
it was a very bad movie but i can't hate it i don't why , it had some weird charm .the plot was cheesy , it was slow , awful acting by the main actress , lots of cringe-worthy lines , it's popularity and fangirls also makes me wanna hate it but i just can't, it's a 5/10 for me. i may even watch the sequel but than i would have to kill myself.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
I've never read the books or seen the movies. I just have no interest in them I guess. The hype that built up around them is really turning me off, and I don't want to succumb to the people who've tried to shove the franchise down my throat.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Someone made me watch this movie..twice. I was disappointed the first time because they said it was going to be about vampires and werewolves, but it turned out to be a long-*** love story. I was duped! The second time it wasn't so bad because I knew what I was in for.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think a lot of the time when people say the "worst movie ever" you have to take it with a grain of salt. I have a bad habit of describing every bad movie as "the worst movie ever."

Also in twilights case, popularity implants a negative bias for a lot of people before even going into the movie, which has a tendency to make people exagerate their conclusions.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
I just thought it was dumb. My sis already had read the book(s) and I knew it was about a vampire/love story. The movie was just dumb to me. Like that whole baseball playing scene was just so stupid. I'm pretty sure all the women like this movie because they find the male attractive. Atleast thats what my sis said. And they're coming out with another one! I saw the previews for it at the movies. Oh well.

·
Burnt-on cheese
1,005 Posts
Well it wasn't THE WORST movie I've ever seen, but well... I find the Lulz Edition more enjoyable for me to get through personally. I blame the source material more than anything really.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
All I can say is I am SOOOOO glad I watched the movie first then read the books, because I would have been very disapointed!

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
the plot is a mess. the characters are unbelievable (half of them have a martyr complex and the other half are in love with bella; edward falls into both categories) and the situation sounds more like the author's private fantasy than something that could actually occur--no girl who was completely ignored in one city is going to move to another city and instantly be the most popular girl in town. that's just silly. plus the acting was terrible (bella, edward, jasper, and rosaline were the worst imo) and the script was cheesy. the movie might have been good if it had been based on a good book, but sadly it inherited flaws from the book and developed a few new ones as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No-one said the books were supposed to be real... it is vampires/werwolfs.

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
the plot is a mess. the characters are unbelievable (half of them have a martyr complex and the other half are in love with bella; edward falls into both categories) and the situation sounds more like the author's private fantasy than something that could actually occur--no girl who was completely ignored in one city is going to move to another city and instantly be the most popular girl in town. that's just silly. plus the acting was terrible (bella, edward, jasper, and rosaline were the worst imo) and the script was cheesy. the movie might have been good if it had been based on a good book, but sadly it inherited flaws from the book and developed a few new ones as well.
^What she said. Haven't watched it all the way through, but that's because of the above. When Edward was demonstrating his "killer instincts" and told Bella "You're like a drug to me" I finally decided enough was enough and turned it off. Of course that was after I laughed my *** off.

Also, this:

(I swear if Edward said something about how dangerous he was and how Bella should be scared one more freaking time I will stake this little annoyance myself!)

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
I haven't read the books or seen the film, and I doubt I will give into the franchise. I've never been a fan of anything involving vampires, and I don't see why all the girls dig Edward. As my younger brother says, "he looks like a creepy drifter!"

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
I sympathize. I read and LIKED the books. How shameful is that?

Its like I know the writing is poor, the story is silly..overglorified fanfiction, but its still got this weird appeal.

Literary cocaine.
I think the only reason why it became so popular was because it played on every girl's so called, "fantasy".

Back to topic, I don't think it was awful but it wasn't great either - I think it was because there was alot of talking and not much action.

But yes, I definitely agree with the negative critisisms about the books - it's sexist, not realistic considering it's meant to be set in "real life", really dumb (hello - this is the twenty first century - who on Earth gets married at...I think it was 17!?) and I'm surprised it hasn't been blasted for encouraging teenage pregnancy or something etc etc.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I wasn't overly thrilled with the movie i just watched it because my ex had it on his pc. I thought the plot was a bit too slow and it lost my interest quickly. I cant understand how he read the books 2 times and watch the movie 8+ times.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I've never read the books or seen the movies. This is why:
One girl (at least 18 years old since she was taking a class with me) asked me if I had read Twilight(this was the first time ever even hearing about it). I said no. And what does she say to me? Nothing normal, that's for sure. She said I should be dead. Or rather, her exact words were, 'Are you serious? You need to die for not reading such a good book.' That turned me off of it right there.

I've had many run ins with the fans both on and offline and they are so annoying, it has turned me off of ever wanting to read or see anything having to do with Twilight. I've seen people with Twilight tattoos, young people, whose parents actually thought it would be a good idea to let 14/15/16 year olds get 'Edward's Girl' or 'Twilight' or 'Team Jacob' inked on them for life. Plus, I hear the writing and plot is badly done. Everyone tells me it sounds like a huge fan fiction Mary Sue type thing.

·
P4
1,238 Posts
I read it before it was anything big, mostly because I wanted to know what's so good about it. It's pretty much a girl's "guilty pleasure" as a friend called it. I didn't find it that interesting until the last book, but the way things went it was just kinda F'd up. Seriously... you'll know if you read it.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts