Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there should be a twenty-something board among the discussion boards (teens, students, crickets, etc.). For a person who's just out of college, none of those other three boards really applies. They're not a teen, not a student, and not old. Also, since twenty-somethings make up a large percentage of the users of this forum, I think it would be appropriate.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Take a look at the "old folks" board once and you'll see that Crickets is all but dead in terms of activity level.

I'm not a fan of board slice & dice. We could have a forum for gay teen x-tians who are computer geeks. At some point breaking up into ever more sub groups just gets to be too much.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I'm not a fan of board slice & dice. We could have a forum for gay teen x-tians who are computer geeks. At some point breaking up into ever more sub groups just gets to be too much.
Now THAT would be an interesting forum :lol

But yeah, I think the less forum splitting the better

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take a look at the "old folks" board once and you'll see that Crickets is all but dead in terms of activity level.

Now THAT would be an interesting forum :lol

But yeah, I think the less forum splitting the better
The difference is that twenty year olds make up a much larger percentage of the board. Teens and Crickets have their own boards, yet from what I've seen, people in their twenties probably make up a larger percentage of people on this forum than either of the other two groups.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, the thing is, as you say, we already make up a majority of the board, so why the need for a subforum? I just don't see what value it would add -- what topics would be discussed that wouldn't come up elsewhere? This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I agree with Ultrashy here. The sub forums for age seem rather pointless to me. Unless your post is specially about age, wouldn't you be making a thread elsewhere on the forum? Just about any topic you can think of will fit into one of the other categories. It makes the age forums irrelevant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts