·
SAS Member
716 Posts
the wire
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,850 Posts
Better Call Saul, The Expanse, Legion (I like it, but too much mental energy to even try to semi-grasp it).
These are shows I have invested seasons into, and just lost interest and gone off of.

Shows I have watched a few episodes and stopped, there are too many to list.

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
Friends - amazingly annoying. Big Bang Theory was worse. Also The Good Doctor - I could only watch shows like that if I muted the sound.

One American TV show I loved was Seinfeld. Usually I watch a fair bit of British crime shows or BBC productions. (or Scandi noir) Or the news channel here on the ABC.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I thought "Legion" sucked. Such a transparent attempt to be bizarre and surreal, and it fell flat. I got through the first season and a few episodes into the second and couldn't take much more. I stopped watching but would conceivably go back to it if I felt like it.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
The office.

Never found it funny or interesting. Actually, I found it irritating. But everyone around me loved it.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Despite "The Simpsons" being on since I was in middle school, I haven't watched more than five minutes of it total, ever. Same thing with "Friends".

I tried to watch "Modern Family" when it first came on, pretty much only because of the great Ed O'Neill. I also liked Julie Bowen on "Ed". However, three episodes in, I couldn't go on with it. Just didn't like the format, and the whole thing was extremely irritating.

·
Self isolating from self
2,991 Posts
Friends - amazingly annoying. Big Bang Theory was worse. Also The Good Doctor - I could only watch shows like that if I muted the sound.
Yeah, the same here with both Friends and the Big Bang Theory. As for The Good Doctor, I couldn't even tell you the first thing about this show other than it exists.

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
Yeah, the same here with both Friends and the Big Bang Theory. As for The Good Doctor, I couldn't even tell you the first thing about this show other than it exists.
I think people seemed to like Friends or Seinfeld - I really loved Seinfeld. I've just seen the ads for the Good Doctor - not my cup of tea.

I think I'm just naturally drawn more to British TV shows tbh - although I obviously often love American movies. Not so much American TV shows. Maybe because my Dad was from London or something - we watched a lot of British comedy etc when I was a kid.

(I very rarely like Australian TV shows either btw - the term "quality Australian drama" is a sort of contradiction in terms to me.) :) I'm ridiculously fussy though.

·
Dreamer
116 Posts
The Walking Dead. So many people around me were raving about it, and though I haven't watched TV with any regularity since about 2007, I thought I'd give it a shot. I started with the first episode as my then girlfriend had it on a hard drive and.... yeah, I just couldn't see the appeal. There's others, but that's the one that really stands out in my mind.

(I very rarely like Australian TV shows either btw - the term "quality Australian drama" is a sort of contradiction in terms to me.) :) I'm ridiculously fussy though.
Australian TV shows are generally SO, SO bad, have been for a very long time. :lol

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Could not agree more, especially BBT.

I tend to have what I call Season 2 Stall Syndrome with a number of TV shows. I'll watch the first season then maybe a couple in the second, and then I tend to get uninterested and move on to something else. Ones that spring to mind are The 100 and Game of Thrones.

The have been a bunch of shows I've watched the first episode and they seem to be good quality, and are highly rated even, but I just don't feel the need to continue. For example, The Crown, Peaky Blinders, Black Mirror.

I think it's more the type of TV show that I like, more than anything. Unlike a movie you have to invest a lot of time to see it to its conclusion. I tend to prefer shorter shows, mostly British in origin of a certain type of humor. Such as Fleabag, Peep Show, The Inbetweeners. For American shows, The Good Place and Schitt's Creek are recent ones I saw through to the end.

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
The Walking Dead. So many people around me were raving about it, and though I haven't watched TV with any regularity since about 2007, I thought I'd give it a shot. I started with the first episode as my then girlfriend had it on a hard drive and.... yeah, I just couldn't see the appeal. There's others, but that's the one that really stands out in my mind.

Australian TV shows are generally SO, SO bad, have been for a very long time. :lol
Yeah, they're so bad you can usually just take them as a comedy. :)

Speaking of comedy - about 20 years ago we actually had some good ones - but nowadays even those are just silly. It's pathetic.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
805 Posts
Most recently Ozark and Quantico. There have been quite a few over the years but the one that I remember was The Walking Dead. I watched a couple seasons but lost interest, it felt like the same thing was happening over and over (Kill zombies, find a new base, someone gets sick/dies)...same with Quantico, it just felt so repetitive. Ozark was just too dark and didn't really hold my attention.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Madmen. I know it’s such a critically acclaimed show and I’ve tried it a couple of times but it just doesn’t capture my attention.

·
Permanently An Idiot
2,233 Posts
Breaking Bad! I tried twice and both times I watched the first six episodes (there are seven in the first season) and just... stopped.

Also I'm relatively new to anime (it's only been a few years) so I immediately tried to get into the big ones that seemed interesting. I watched Naruto but it just lost me. I even skipped all the end filler and went straight to Shippuden but it still didn't grab me.

·
Just a bit stitious
3,579 Posts
Grey’s Anatomy....I can’t believe it is still on! Watched on and off the first few seasons and found Meredith to be whiny and annoying plus was the show pretty much was nothing but all the characters sleeping with each other. Now, I’ve heard they have gone political with the storylines.

I don’t get this “Masked Singer/Dancer” show...the ads are cringeworthy enough for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts