Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The people here in their very late twenties or in their 30s, how did/do you feel about that number? I know people say "age is nothing but a number" but I don't think that's 100% true?
I'm concerned about things like,
* You no longer have that truly carefree feeling, because from 30 on, you're just getting older... 5 years later you're 35 (eek) and then 10 years later you're 40 (double eek)
* Perhaps most younger potential dates run away screaming?
* Life becomes a drag from that point on
* It feels like the end of the world

...or maybe I'm just going crazy... Uhh help

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
it sucks but you do get over it. everything still functions the same way it did when i was in my 20s

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Turning 30 wasn't that big a deal for me. I remember being busy back then with work and other things. I certainly had personal issues but a lot of things were going right in my life back then. Turning 35 was harder.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Turning 30 was a bit traumatic but you will be amazed at how fast you get over it. Besides, what's the alternative? :stu

Everyone either gets older or dies. I prefer the former. :b

But I know what you mean it seems so weird to hit a milestone like that.

But I am much smarter and confident now than I ever was in my 20s. And I like myself much more. There are some perks to getting older. :)

·
I like to shoot jumpshots
291 Posts
29 here.

I will turn 30 later this year.

I will get back to you and write about how I feel.

But I think those around me (family co workers) will make a big deal of it. I will be probably be in the basement of my parents' house (like I am right now) and continue surfing the net.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
One thing that I noticed is I don't feel like I'm in my thirties. I feel the same way I did when I was in my early twenties.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Turning 30 was nothing.
Turning 40 was nothing.
Next year I turn 50. That might be something but not likely.

I'm with you Shyvr, I feel like I'm in my 20's. Unfortunately my body doesn't always agree.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I feel like I am....

29+

and leave it at that!

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I'm less than 4 years away from turning 30, and I still can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday that I was 16 and still in high school.

I was looking at my old yearbooks the other day, and thinking, "How could I already be this old? Where did the time go?"

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
^Yes, that's me.
183 Posts
Relax and don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm just starting 20 years old, and I would not hesitate to date a woman all the way into her mid 40s. I'm particularly fond of 'cradle robbers' or 'cougars,' as they call 'em, and there are plenty.... and I do mean plenty of guys like me.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
My life has only improved since I turned 30. I much prefer my 30s to my 20s.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
1 year and 5 months. ugh

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm turning 21 next month and I kinda feel like that. It's depressing me.
I also remember feeling like this when I was just turning 10.
I've always felt like this and I don't think I'll ever be happy about my age.
I think it has to do with me being the oldest in my family, I don't know.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
When I turned 20, I was like damn. I'm no longer a kid. :lol it is all relative though, it doesn't bother me as much anymore. There is almost a social stigma attached when you're no longer in your 20's anymore though. Maybe it is just with the college life...

I'm still in college, when I tell people my age they act shocked and then tease me a bit and call me old man lol. Of course, if we're competing in anything physical, I have to show them up for stating that.

Honestly, I'm just worried about my body falling apart and not being able to do the things I once was capable of. It will happen one day, but right now I'm faster, stronger, and can jump higher than ever. I'm going to continue to lift, play ball, run sprints and just have fun being active. I think my 30's will be great, bring it on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts