Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With no small amount of nervousness, fear, and anxiety, I finally made the decision to quit my current job so that I could accept a position at another company. The new position offers me great opportunities that I would have never had if I stayed where I am.

It's really painful, though... I've been here for 6 years, (2 as student worker, 4 full time), everyone knows me and loves the work I do.

My boss was literally talking about my next projects up to the moment I handed in the resignation letter. He looked so crushed, as if he was just stabbed in the heart. I really fealt awful doing it, knowing all the hopes and dreams I would shatter by doing so, but it had to be done.

I'm now in the process of telling my co-workers... and they're mostly taking it hard, tears in some cases :(

Once word gets out, there's going to be dozens more people I have to say goodbye to. And in the midst of all this, I have to train the people around me on everything I did. Gonna be a long two weeks...

-Ryan

·
Registered
80 Posts
That sounds hard. Sounds like you are well loved at your company. I'm glad you are doing something that will be beneficial to you in the long run. Once you get through the next two weeks, you'll be on a new exciting path in life. Can I ask what do you do?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
amtoreo said:
Can I ask what do you do?
Software development, with a special talent for web applications. I've been here quite a while and my work has touched nearly everyone in the organization.

My job literally is to make people's lives easier, which adds to the emotional impact of my departure.

hema said:
This would be bitter sweet...
Definitely. I've quit jobs before, but never had quite this experience. It is heartwarming, as well as saddening.

AnxiousAmelia said:
Sounds like you're in an enviable position. Leaving a job you like and going to one you like more.
Well, so I hope... I have this nagging feeling that I'm making the worst mistake of my life :afr

But, I know I'd never forgive myself if I didn't try, so I'm giving it a shot.

cj said:
Congratulations.!! Isn't it nice to feel so valued?
Oh, yeah... this is more than I would have ever expected :)

-Ryan

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Congratulations, Kardax. Best of luck in your new position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.