Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's interesting how I'm on the facebook site and I have friends there and I'm trying to get myself to type something for them to read, but every time I try, I stop and analyze it and judge it and worry about the consequences of it and I delete it. I can't get myself to write anything. I'm totally not myself anymore. What's happenning? It's like I'm negotiating a hostage situation just trying to write something. Weird.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That is understandable, I find myself doing the same thing. Because I realize that hundreds of other people will read it, I'm overly-careful about what I write. I think it is smart to take care in what you write publically, but I also try to keep a small bit of "who gives a *$&#!" in what I post. Sometimes it's just tiring analyzing everything to the Nth degree, which I am more than guilty of.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I can't count how many times I've deleted a response to a thread because I don't like the end result after reading what I typed and even if I do post it it's been altered several times to get it just right, including this post.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Consequences, as in your friends are going to respond back and probably want to know what's going on in your life and maybe even want to hang out or talk more?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
It's interesting how I'm on the facebook site and I have friends there and I'm trying to get myself to type something for them to read, but every time I try, I stop and analyze it and judge it and worry about the consequences of it and I delete it. I can't get myself to write anything. I'm totally not myself anymore. What's happenning? It's like I'm negotiating a hostage situation just trying to write something. Weird.
Check out my thread about fluctuating, I clearly don't share the same issue, although I do check/edit incessantly all posts and threads I make to ensure they make sense...

My answer is, some flow, some don't. Errrrrm, actually most usually don't so I waste a **** heap of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts