Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is so awkward. it feels really stop start. Like no matter what I do I can't captivate people. I used to be able to when I was young. It's like my anxiety turns people off - and they'd probably like me once they got to know me. I feel like I never get past the acquaintance stage. I either come on too strong to people or don't try to get to know them at all. Middle grounds don't seem to help either. I feel like I never no where to go - to take things to the next level - especially with girls.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
is so awkward. it feels really stop start. Like no matter what I do I can't captivate people. I used to be able to when I was young. It's like my anxiety turns people off - and they'd probably like me once they got to know me. I feel like I never get past the acquaintance stage. I either come on too strong to people or don't try to get to know them at all. Middle grounds don't seem to help either. I feel like I never no where to go - to take things to the next level - especially with girls.
This will come with practice and being able to handle your reactions to these types of situations.

We get ourselves worked up too much - too much energy wasted on nerves. People don't think as fast as we do. We are the ones on hypervigilance mode like a dog with his ears purked up all the time. Everybody else's ears are down :lol.

·
Ave Santas
683 Posts
Never give up at it is the best thing to do. If they don't wanna hear what you are going to say it is there loss man. don't let their disinterest get to you. there are 7 billion other people that may be interested in what you have to say. my advice is practice practice practice

·
Pete
7 Posts
I'm exactly having the same problem. whoever starts talking to me (especially someone I haven't known before), I will usually feel awkward and uncomfortable. I don't know why and I hate it because it worsens my interpersonal skill. I'm really looking for any advice, would be really appreciated if you guys give me some :)

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
What I've unfortunately learned from experience is that everyone is judgmental, even us. As humans, we are flooded with information constantly every single day. It's overwhelming and the brain power needed to process all of it is immense and not possible. That's why people place others into categories and come up with preconceived judgments of them before you even say hi to them.

That's why it's up to you to show them that you are more than that. I know how you feel unfortunately. I have that exact same problem. I'm actually better at talking to people one on one than in a group. In a group, it's like I'm invisible. We just have to work a lot harder at it. I wish I had some practical advice for you, but since I have the exact same problem, I don't. All I can say is don't give up, even when things seem bleak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts