Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ironic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My life has been unraveling over the last 8 years. My anxiety and depression started with just a feeling that I should avoid my plans one weekend, and that turned into avoiding as many social situations as I could. Living with anxiety has cost me a lot. Sleepless nights, constant chest pain, looping thoughts, panic attacks, Worst of all, My fiance and daughter have left me. My existence feels very miserable right now. There is not a moment in my day when I feel content or happiness. I just want to feel better. I exercise every day, see a psychologist every week, work hard 5 days a week. I am trying to do everything I can to make this go away. But yet I still live with it. I have never posted in any forums before. So any advice would be helpful

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's a shame what this disorder can do. I'm no expert in the advice field, but i can tell you from my own personal experience, every struggle, every hit you take, is a big learning experience. It can't get worse than this, so put your chin up and take charge. And in the end it will make you a better and more well rounded human being. I understand that anxiety is a pain in the ***, and that's putting it lightly. Try to get comfortable and find something you enjoy. For me it's music. I always go into another world when I have my headphones on and it's so therapeutic. Others write, play music, paint, or you can learn a new hobby. Good for you for holding down a job. That's an accomplishment in itself. "Trying to fix my life," sounds like you're already on the right track to taking charge of your own life. You seem aware of your problems and eager to to fix the issues. It takes time. Just stay focused and try to find things in life that make you happy.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, MrPositivity! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey mrpositivity welcome. :hyper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.