Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
z'all good
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been about 4 years since I've started to realize that I have social anxiety. I don't know exactly how and when this mental illness started to appear in me, but it feels like this illness is taking over my life, and I need the support I could get to regain my life. I used to think I was the only one going through this but through Google searches, I discovered about social anxiety and how it perfectly describes me.

For some reason, I feel like the only source of positivity in my life are YouTubers, and some of them even claimed that they have or had social anxiety which gives me hope for the future, because they're amazing people and they're lovable, which I strive to be. Even so, I've been dreading to go to school lately and my grades keep getting worse. I really don't want to be a disappointment to my parents but my thoughts keep flying off and overthinking sometimes lead to panic attacks and I don't want it to get worse.

I just needed support and people that could understand and help me through this journey. I'm not very good with words and I feel like I've got a lot more to say, but I'll just post this for now as an 'intro'. Feel free to message me. I believe that all of us could pull through this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey,

I hope you are well. Wow I wish I could help you in finding exactly what led to the start of your social anxiety but I can assure you're not alone. As for school, hang in there. High school was incredibly tough for me but I had great friends and a strong urge like you not to let my parents down. Looking back what helped me greatly was staying busy. I played sports, worked, and volunteered. All that helped too in finding caring, empathetic people who picked me up or were a safe haven during my worst anxiety moments. You are absolutely right in believing we would all pull though this. Stay strong.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, LostIntricacy! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts