Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is inappropriate, but I need help lol. This is sooooo incredibly lame and stupid but whatever !...

So I'm gonna be smoking pot for the first time soon. This guy at work has some and asked me if I want to join him after work. He's gonna bring a blunt.

I actually wanna try it, but I'm afraid I don't know how. My problem is literally, HOW do you smoke it? Lol. I'm confused about the inhaling/exhaling thing... what exactly do you do (i.e. how do you breathe) when you put it in your mouth? Step by step directions would be great :b I don't wanna put it in my mouth and then nothing happens :( That'd be embarrassing.

Also anything else I should know about the first time smoking pot?

THX!

· Registered
80 Posts
hold it in you'll get really stoned. especially your first time.

you might get really paranoid. pot + sa = baaad combo for me.

· Registered
1,676 Posts
Yes, this is very inappropriate, lol. That's okay.

Blunts are hard to roll, but easy to smoke. You just smoke it like a cigarette. If you've never had a cigarette, you will probably cough a lot, or rather you will definitely cough a lot. I would suggest having a lot of water nearby. Just breathe in slowly, hold in for a bit, and then slowly breathe out. If you get used to it, you may be able to breathe in more deeply, but take it easy at first.

As far as etiquette goes, pass the blunt quickly. As the smoke burns, so does the marijuana. Some people get funny if you hold things up for too long.

· Banned
6,422 Posts
why are you even smoking? you don't wanna smoke it for the wrong reasons, such as trying to fit in with your co-worker... i see alcohol and the such as something that should be done in moderation, socially; but not as a hook to make friends or something.

· Registered
6,161 Posts
In a year from now, are you going to make a post about how pot ruined your life and warn other people on SAS to never do it? That's never happened here, for sure.

· Registered
225 Posts
Advice: Smoke with someone/group your comfotrble with, I don't know how well you know your co-worker.

Don't expect the worst from it, SA is actually one of the worst mixes with pot.. I am NOT trying to sound like a narc, I've been smoking for 5+ years and I went through lots of different phases, good and bad.

Just have fun, get high, and have more fun! simple.

· Registered
3,625 Posts
Seriously man, just tell him this is your first time smoking. He'll probably be excited to show you the ropes, newbies are rare. Just try your best not to act a fool in the 7-11.

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Hair tests can reveal drug use from six months ago. One random drug test in 2009 and you could become unemployed. :stu

· Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Sorry, but the advice posted in this thread will not not get you very high (or high at all) from a blunt. To properly smoke a blunt:

1.) Wrap your lips loosely but comfortably on the tobacco leaf (the wrapping/outer layer)
2.) Inhale from your throat (!) until your lungs are completely filled.
3.) Hold the smoke in for just one or two full seconds at max and then completely exhale it. The notion that "holding smoke in longer gets you higher" is FALSE, as 98-99 percent of the THC and other cannabinoids transfer almost instantly into your pulmonary bloodstream once in the lungs. Attempting this erroneous technique will only make you "higher" from oxygen deprivation.:duck

You may notice that people who hold in their hits will exhale much less smoke. This is because the non-psychoactive plant matter is now plastered on their lungs.

· Registered
2,543 Posts
1. Since it's your first time, you might not get "high."

2. I too never knew how to smoke and it took like 7 or 8 times before I did it right. I always thought I was high and then it hit me for the first time and I was like woah. It wasn't as easy as breathe in it for me...try taking a puff and holding the smoke in your mouth. Then open your mouth and immediately suck in a bunch of air into your lungs. Hold for a few seconds and exhale.

3. Pot makes my SA 1000 times worse so good luck!

· Registered
928 Posts
Only do it with people you trust and are comfortable with. Be aware it might make your SA worse, it might be a horrible experience for you and its not like you can 'snap out of it' when you start feeling bad.
Personally, pot makes my SA incredibily unbearable! I get so paranoid! I used to smoke it when I lived with my ex (who was a drug addict turned skitzophrenic). I couldnt smoke bongs, but I used a pipe.
I can tell you, it doesnt take long for someone to go from experimenting to pot addiction to harder drugs addiction to serious mental illness. I watched him go from occasional pot smoker to harder drugs addiction (GBH, Meth.. and every drug under the sun) all in under 2 years.
I cant stop you from experimenting. But be careful. Dont let yourself go down this path! Please! You already have SA, so your more likely to get some mental problems smoking.
Experiment if you wish. But leave it at that. Dont make it an addiction. Know your limits.

· Banned
20,175 Posts
Hair tests can reveal drug use from six months ago. One random drug test in 2009 and you could become unemployed. :stu
It's rare that they do a hair test, urine is more common. For that it takes @ 6 weeks to leave your system, as THC is stored in your body fat. Heh, be thankful it's not a pipe, they're a lot more awkward, lol! Good luck and be careful...it's not worth losing your job over.

· Registered
289 Posts
Ugh. I was the same way for ages. When ever anyone asked me if I wanted to I would say no, even though I did, just because I was afraid I would do something stupid.

The joys of SA...

Even now, I still feel awkward (and I am 28 now lol) so I really only do it with REALLY close friends... and my younger brother, lol.

· Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
I can tell you, it doesnt take long for someone to go from experimenting to pot addiction to harder drugs addiction to serious mental illness. I watched him go from occasional pot smoker to harder drugs addiction (GBH, Meth.. and every drug under the sun) all in under 2 years.
I cant stop you from experimenting. But be careful. Dont let yourself go down this path!
Marijuana being a gateway drug is a government-driven hoax. If it was true, a large percentage of the American population would be heroin addicts.

Please! You already have SA, so your more likely to get some mental problems smoking.
Cannabis exerts dopaminergic effects (the reason why chronic use can instigate those with psychotic symptoms to actually develop psychosis). Low dopamine is a huge reason why SA forms, so occasional to frequent use can theoretically diminish SA. If weed exacerbates your SA in the presence of other people, then smoke it when you're by yourself.

· Registered
928 Posts
Marijuana being a gateway drug is a government-driven hoax. If it was true, a large percentage of the American population would be heroin addicts.

Cannabis exerts dopaminergic effects (the reason why chronic use can instigate those with psychotic symptoms to actually develop psychosis). Low dopamine is a huge reason why SA forms, so occasional to frequent use can theoretically diminish SA. If weed exacerbates your SA in the presence of other people, then smoke it when you're by yourself.
Well, Ive seen it happen. :um
Im not saying it happens to everyone. But Ive seen people go to harder drugs for a better high because dope doesnt affect them anymore or because theyre looking for something that makes them more social. Its quite common for a cannabis smoker to try other drugs and find they get a better high from it. This is how it can be a gateway drug. So no, I dont believe its a hoax.

How can cannabis diminish SA when so many people with social problems feel more SA to paranoia when high? Its a theory that proves wrong.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.