Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My whole life (I'm 19) I've felt like I've never been able to trust people on an emotional level. I'm really secretive about my problems, feelings, etc. I feel like I can't let people in or they'll betray me. I really believe there is a lot shame/embarrassment in it all. I also think I was raised to be unemotional and untrusting.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
Alike..i have been trusting people blindly n once i was messed up lot n bullied to..now i cant easily believe in people,it takes a lot of time n feasibility to get my trust,i can talk with everybody but that doesnt mean i trust them..i have almost given up trusting people

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alike..i have been trusting people blindly n once i was messed up lot n bullied to..now i cant easily believe in people,it takes a lot of time n feasibility to get my trust,i can talk with everybody but that doesnt mean i trust them..i have almost given up trusting people
I was bullied a lot and it did effect me greatly but I've always had trust issues. It's just difficult to open up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah I can totally relate. I often only give people snippets or isolate myself during my low points refusing to open up or explain. I'm also very defensive and guarded when it comes to my emotions or people seeing that side of me. But i'm very trusting in other ways so it can be difficult for people to understand me. I guess since I was bullied too, I feel like my personal thoughts/feelings were the only thing he couldn't take from me and the only thing I could control and I'm scared of losing that by entrusting the wrong person and getting hurt.

·
Laughing Stock
1,532 Posts
People are good at letting you down. To me, not trusting people is perfectly normal. There are about 3 people I trust in this world, sure I'm a lot more sensitive about trusting someone because people have betrayed me in the past, but I think you'll come across liars in any walk of life.

The best thing you can do is lower your expectations if you really want to confide in someone. It's not always the same case, but more often than not it's true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts