Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my job most of the time, but I don't think it's my true vocation. (That would be winning the lottery and not having to work ever again.)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've found my vocation I enjoy. Just the market for it is extremely tough now (thank you worthless replublicans and bush for making it so cheap to send jobs overseas). Also I HATE the corporate world which being a computer technician (which I love) doesn't do to good avoiding.... especially one with depression and SA...

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
(thank you worthless replublicans and bush for making it so cheap to send jobs overseas).
howd they do that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bush and the republicans have been major supporters of free trade agreements and destroying any proposals for taxing U.S. companies who sending jobs overseas to keep costs lower.

Also republicans have supported sending jobs overseas to 3rd world infrastructure countries (India being the main one) that by federal law must be fully recoverable if a disaster / incident happens. Recovery from India for those mandated jobs / servers are impossible in a timely manner.... however republicans along with bush have fought against every proposal to force those jobs to stay in a recoverable infrastrure.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've never had one true vocation.....I've usually found a way to enjoy what I was doing, rather it be HR to Waitressing.....Wait....I wouldn't go that far, I was NOT a good waitress "HERE EAT THIS".........You learn a lot working in this industry;-)

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm mostly unemployed at the moment. I have had a problem all my life with the fact that, as a person with an artistic personality, I am really only interested in my own personal projects and have no other career interests.

But, I guess I'll still need to have a day job. So I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I don't want a vocation, I want an extended VACATION.

I don't love my job, but I don't think I'd love any job. If I had enough money to never work again, I wouldn't. That being said, I could probably live with doing what I'm doing now for the next 30 years (or however long until retirement).

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I mostly like my job - hate the meeting and can't stand the people who talked about me behind my back, but I like the job.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Sheri said:
Student, but I hope to one day find a job that I won't loathe.
Same here... i dont even care if i love it...just... tolerate it...is all i ask for. . .

·
(.*?)
6,755 Posts
I love part of my job (did it for free before it started paying off), am ok with part, and barely endure another part. I'd have to go with it being my true vocation, though my dream is to get rich and hire somebody to do the undesirable parts.

·
SAS Member
14,465 Posts
Unemployed...(i work one day a week, really)
Yeah, my true vocation is not work and play videogames all day...my dream came true! *happy tears*

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
I absolutely hate my job and am completely burnt out from it...It makes me feel worse, drink more, and remain in a black abyss...But other than this particular job, I have absolutely no specific skills that would get me above entry level at Walmart...As bad as I hate my job, unemployed with no money, rent, or health insurance is worse...So I have to keep biding my time at work while I attempt to change my life, getting additional training etc...
Something I have been telling myself for several years now..Trapped in a prison of my own device...Actually, I seriously intend to start playing the lottery for about 5 or 10 bucks each week...A million to 1 chance at escape is better than no chance at all...It goes back to the S.A. somewhat...A horrible job and life is preferable to the fear of change and different things...

·
alien monk
8,675 Posts
I'm in between jobs at the moment. Finished up at my last one on Friday. Looking for a new one.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
finally a student again

1 - 20 of 22 Posts