Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else here have trouble explaining there thoughts or feelings?
I have some serious trouble with this. For example:
I cant explain what Im trying to ask in this thread more than I already did.
Am I joking?
No.
I seriously cant.
Could It be my lack of vocabulary? Cuz I dont know a whole lot of words. At least I think I dont.......I dont know.
This is bugging the hell out of me.

·
unstable
2,590 Posts
I have problems explaining feelings, and in general, explaining anything. As part of my job I sometimes have to give people in other departments a quick presentation of what I do in my office, I do this job every day and it's so easy, yet explaining is a disaster every time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone else here have trouble explaining there thoughts or feelings?
I have some serious trouble with this. For example:
I cant explain what Im trying to ask in this thread more than I already did.
Am I joking?
No.
I seriously cant.
Could It be my lack of vocabulary? Cuz I dont know a whole lot of words. At least I think I dont.......I dont know.
This is bugging the hell out of me.
I'm always like this everytime I'm infront of someone I like freeze up and can't say what I want to get out,it really affects me especially at job interviews etc.It's like I have everything I want to say worked out but my brain stops working as soon as I'm if front of anyone,and it's bloody annoying.:)
p.s I'm new here hope you can understand my style of writing.

·
roivas yromem eerf lla
2,484 Posts
yeh I have problems with this too. I can know I want to say something but soon as I speak I dont know how to get to what I was thinking. Then I start stuttering then more time passes more pressure to say something builds up, now im put on the spot and I cant think straight. In the end ill end up saying something completely different and replay how I should of said it in my head.

·
Banned
232 Posts
Yes I know how you feel. I struggle to word things right especially when I'm nervous. I do find that the more I do it the better it gets , so don't feel alone and hopeless buddy.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have extreme trouble in explaining my feelings.. I feel like no matter what words I use, the person I'm trying to explain it to won't understand it in the way I'm telling them.

·
Parent of SA Child
122 Posts
My son is this way bigtime. He can talk about sports, etc., but he absolutely hates talking about his feelings or his own SA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I suffer from this as well. Like, when I'm at work and a customer asks for the ingredients of a certain cake or bread, it takes me 50 words to explain something that could be explained with 15. I think it has to do something with me being more worried of the customer judging me than me giving a proper explanation.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've always sucked at explaining but I guess it's part of SA since many people here seem to have that problem. I was talking with a girl recently (we are both interested in each other) and I was explaining that I am shy and passive to other people's decisions. I was trying to explain why but it was hard to explain. For me, when I feel emotions, I don't really go through step by step why I feel a certain way. Emotions just come and fill my thoughts.

·
Cool :)
197 Posts
Lots of people have this problem. I used to have alot of trouble.
You have to communicated with different people.
Sometimes when I don't talk to people for a long period of time, I tend to stutter and forget what I'm about to say.
1 - brush up on your vocab every once in a while, try learning new words as well

* 2 - think about what you say BEFORE you say.
Aka think before you speak, thats a must in society.

3 - don't be stressed out. forget about all that stress , sing a little tune or song in your head when you're walking around a store, eases your mind.

I promise after a while you'll learn to speak comfortably.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts