Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had trouble in school and always been at the top of my classes, till NOW. I am sucking.

I feel so stupid. I know that I am highly intelligent but I can't seem to apply this to my studies. I can't seem to find my competitive spirit, I feel like things won't seep into my brain. I lie awake and fret about how far I am behind where I should be and what I will do if I lose my funding.

Everyone just says "it will get better". But, it isn't. I am going to try setting a timer and working intensely without distractions. Hoping my brain will get in gear.

Does anyone else experience these woes and fears associated with school?

·
bird
23 Posts
yes!! i can completely relate to this. my focus levels are horrible because of anxiety.

·

63,262 Posts
Go someplace where u will less likely to get distracted. The school or public library..where you'll be comfortable but not too comfortable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do experience this as well. I know I can do so much better at uni. I have had classes where I could study and concentrate for the time being and got really good grades, but most of my grades are average and just enough because I can't concentrate and just worry. My head feels really empty all the time and it feels like not intensely studying makes it worse.

I still life at home, and my parents also always say that it will get better. It's annoying, because all you want is people to get it and know that it isn't that easy. I seems like you have trouble because of the stuff going on in your life suddenly. Maybe something to relax your mind would help, like meditating or something that keeps your mind off things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts