Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Constantly I fear rebuke, forever I await failure. I have a slight limp, and my self-esteem is practically zero. The intrigue of Facebook is enough to kill me, ever fearful that I have offended someone, or have failed to please them.

My friends, my fellow SAD sufferers, I have a story of triumph for you.

Sometime ago, I alluded to the fact that I had asked an older lady out for a date which was treated with a fairly lacklustre response. Imagine my horror, when her partner approaches me in a violent manner.

"WHat the f*** do you think your playing at, asking my missus out?"

This man being 15 years older than I.

I could feel the anger off of him, the seething rage. And I laughed.

Why? Because I recognised that same impulse: to crush and smash and dominate the world because the ego had been bruised. In short, he was an older version of me, when I was younger.

I stood calmly.

"I said, what...."

"shhhh." I said.

The shock on his face was priceless.

"Top, I feel sorry for you. Know why?"

I continued.

"I'm nothing. You have the prize, and yet despite me being nothing special, you give me more tribute by fearing and resenting me than I could EVER achieve myself."

"Your threatened by a 20 something with a limp and is fearful of his shadow?"

I saw his anger subduing, but noted the clenched fist.

"Take a swing at me if you want mac. But you already won."

I held out my hand. Dazed, he shook it.

"Who the **** are you?" he muttered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My goodness :D Haha that's incredible, good for you! Yikes, that must've taken so much courage! I would have practically fainted if I was threatened with a fight like that, wow. You beat brawn with brains, I can't believe you turned the tables like that lol, nice one

·
Registered
414 Posts
My thing with bullies is the only way to get them off your back is to finally fight back because bullies love picking on people who will not fight back but be careful some bullies love to get a rise out of you and it only gets worse if you try and do something

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nice! Though, I have to actually side with the "bully" on this one. You shouldn't ask other women who are taken out for a date. I would recommend asking them to do things on a non-romantic level. You did a good job at standing up to the bully. But... yeah. Nice job standing up for something you believe in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts