Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Music really helps with my depression and anxiety.
I love trip hop as it seems to comfort me. It seems to contain the sounds that speak of that deep sinking feeling. At the same time it uplifts me, and makes life seem beautiful.
At the moment I've been checking out trip hop Acts like Portishead, Massive Attack, Unkle, Allflaws
Tricky, HTDA.

Please post your favorite trip hop, and also other genres too.

Here is a good start

Portishead - Numb

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,584 Posts

After they changed their singer:

Oh I posted the second one without checking if anyone posted it opps. I'm just going to copy what I said in my post :p below:

Chris actually remixed this track with his solo project IAMX actually which was the first version I heard, but the Sneaker Pimps version is much better imo because it's creepy:

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I don't know much trip hop, but I like most genres of music. Endless Blue is my favorite band from the genre.

Lightning Dust isn't trip hop but they have a nice sound.

·
Banned
6,284 Posts
Oh I posted the second one without checking if anyone posted it opps. I'm just going to copy what I said in my post :p below:

Chris actually remixed this track with his solo project IAMX actually which was the first version I heard, but the Sneaker Pimps version is much better imo because it's creepy:
Love post modern sleaze !! Also liked spin spin sugar, remember the remix being played over and over again in clubs back in the day

Anyone heard the Brit Hop and Amyl House mix album ? One of the chemical bros did hit, not strictly trip hop but some great tunes - monkey mafia, lion rock, death in vegas, renegade soundwave.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I have no idea what classifies as Trip Hop, but i love Beak> (Geoff Barrow of Portishead on drums and vocals usually).

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,584 Posts
I'm just here to post Sneaker Pimp's entire back catalogue (apparently) these are so good though:

I like how they changed the spelling :p

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,140 Posts

- - - - - - -

Love how half of the replies here are Sneaker Pimps tracks. Brings me back. :)

Kelli Ali's solo albums are worth a listen too.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know much trip hop, but I like most genres of music. Endless Blue is my favorite band from the genre.

Lightning Dust isn't trip hop but they have a nice sound.

Thanks for these. Never heard of them before. Really like their stuff. Will check out more from them.

1 - 20 of 346 Posts