Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

well it would be really interesting if you had asked are you "really" happy to be alive ! i must answer no ! im not attached to anything in my life and only thing that keeps me from ending it are some minor unimportant reasons which are totally nonsense but what can you do about it right ?!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I am happy to be alive. I used to think a lot about suicide, but have never really wanted to die. I had always thought there was a lot in life and that things would get better. For so many years I've lived with feelings of sadness, loneliness, anger, frustration, and lots of other emotions and feelings. Got to the point where I wasn't feeling much and was dissociating from my body. Hadn't really been able to do much living because of all the negative thoughts and shame about feeling this way and avoiding people. Now I'm in a much better place and would like to start living more, rather than feeling like I'm just surviving. And even though its hard I'd like to be able to live and share my life with others.

·
Banned
44 Posts
I don't get the feeling that we choose to be alive, although a spiritual approach might prove otherwise. That being said, I can't say that I'm happy to be alive. I just am. I think the technology way of doing things is going against the way human are meant to be. Human values lose it's power because deception and manipulation works better. I would be better off living away from the mass, but it is what it is. I get to think that humans are also only wild animals, tamed by other humans to be enslaved. This is not how humans should be living, but so many people blindly adhere to a doormat way of complying, that the ones who want to live with nature and with good intentions are seen as enemies. Keep your circle small and keep the crooks away.

·
We all wear a mask.
1,773 Posts
Can't particularly say that I am. I'm just existing. Trying to employ measures that may lead to a sort of "happiness" somewhere down the line but as of right now; Am I happy to be alive? No. Not really. Haven't been "happy" in a long time.

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
856 Posts
If I'd responded to this last night at one point while laying in bed trying to fall asleep I had thought's like "I don't want to X myself out but I don't want to be here." I just want a break, a break from feeling, a break from existing...or at least find freedom from this physical body I sometimes feel trapped in.

·
SAS Member
1,047 Posts
If I'd responded to this last night at one point while laying in bed trying to fall asleep I had thought's like "I don't want to X myself out but I don't want to be here." I just want a break, a break from feeling, a break from existing...or at least find freedom from this physical body I sometimes feel trapped in.
yes I don't want to kill myself either, that'll be cruel, should I say more? I've always been hopeful, there was once though long ago someone said they want to die so I said the same thing but I didn't want to die

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,579 Posts
I'm quite satisfied to be alive, when considering the alternative. It's just that as so many years pass without anything noteworthy happening it can be hard to remember and prove that I'm alive.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I feel hopeless.
Dont feel hopeless. I dont know your issues but most things can improve if you get the knowledge on how to help your situation and make the effort to change.

Yes I want to live. Its better then the alternative. But this has been a challenging and difficult life for me in many ways. Some do to bad choices I made and others just to I was not dealt a good hand in life with my genetics and family I was born into.

But I can still have fun and find joy on occasion and that is enough to keep me going everyday

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,992 Posts
Dont feel hopeless. I dont know your issues but most things can improve if you get the knowledge on how to help your situation and make the effort to change.

Yes I want to live. Its better then the alternative. But this has been a challenging and difficult life for me in many ways. Some do to bad choices I made and others just to I was not dealt a good hand in life with my genetics and family I was born into.

But I can still have fun and find joy on occasion and that is enough to keep me going everyday
Well without going into the specifics I'd have to wait for society to change, which it probably won't so yeah lol.

That's more of a general statement anyway, I usually try to distract myself.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Well without going into the specifics I'd have to wait for society to change, which it probably won't so yeah lol.

That's more of a general statement anyway, I usually try to distract myself.
Can you change the people you hang out with in society so you are around more supportive people or people who are in a similar situation? May not be able to change society as a whole but you may be able to change the type of people your around.

Distraction could work as well. If its something you cant change or improve dont dwell on it

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,992 Posts
@chrisinmd

I don't think there's much I can do about this particular problem. Sorry you made the mistake of quoting me, most people ignore me on this forum when I post about personal stuff for good reason lol. Thanks anyway.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,871 Posts
I think it would go from the "no" spectrum to the "yes" spectrum if I just outright disappear and relocate to somewhere. But in reality, it would involve just dropping and restarting everything in my life, and cut off from nearly everyone I know. And restarting everything in my life would be rather scary. I also don't want to do this as long as my dog is still around.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
SAS Member
1,255 Posts
At 29, I am very happy to be alive. I wish I could go back in time to my teemager self and smack the fire out of my depressed suicidal self's face.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
At 29, I am very happy to be alive. I wish I could go back in time to my teemager self and smack the fire out of my depressed suicidal self's face.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Agree with you on that one. Im 43 and I wish I could go back and redo my teenage / early adult years as well. If I only knew then what I know now. But their are no mulligans in life as the golf saying goes! Just have to do better in the future from where you are today!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The short answer is no

I've had depression so long now I barely remember what most emotions feel like. I just try and pass the time as fast as possible, otherwise I start having an almost irresistible urge to end it all. My social anxiety is getting worse, my health is getting worse, I don't have anything I really enjoy doing, and I just feel lost with no hope tbh.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Fxck no. I've never once been happy in my entire life, I never wanted to exist in the first place and there was always that gnawing feeling in me as a child like "Why tf am I here, I I don't want to exist" although I didn't know any words to describe it at the time.

Back then I didn't necessarily know that things were going to be this shxt, or that the life I had was a shxt one but I still didn't want to exist regardless. Now that I'm older and fully realise that everything is fake and shxt, it just reaffirms how my younger self felt.

Nothing matters, I hate life.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts