Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes or no. It is a big question, be honest, don't hold back on how you really feel.
If you want to get into detail, feel free.

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
Um no, but what else would I be doing ? I was already dead for billions of years before I was born so its an amusing distraction at the very least.

·
Fupa King
839 Posts
It depends on the day that you ask me. But I think there is a part of me that would rather not be.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,351 Posts
Many times I wasn't or am not. It depends on the day too that I'm asked. Today I am because the weather is nice and I think the meds might be working. But there are/were definitely times where I was not happy to be here. It sucked.

·
Super Moderator
33,658 Posts
To be honest? No.

I WANT to live on a fundamental level (because the human mind is hardwired to survive above all else) but I am not particularly happy about my existence. It would be more accurate to say I wish I had never existed. I want to live but if I'm being honest, I'm not really having a good time and there are many circumstances in my life that make me utterly miserable at least as often as I'm happy.

But I mean, when I do have good times when I can forget all the bad stuff (temporarily) they are nice. It's just that the bad stuff is always gonna come back and it's the kind of stuff that is eventually going to not be able to be "kicked down the road" (so to speak) anymore. Eventually, it's gonna be time to pay the piper and I'm broke (in more ways than one).

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
No, every day is low-level torment. If I had an easy, reliable way out I would have taken it years ago and on almost any given day since. I expect it to get worse, not better, as I get older and my health deteriorates. There's no magic bullet to fix things, either - I envy those posters who fixate on one thing like virginity or their hairline. No, my issues are with the world - I hate it for so many reasons along with almost everyone in it, myself included. I'm outraged that I was even born, I never asked to be here and I'm not given a way to leave. I'm supposed to bear this existence while my mind unravels and my body rots to the point of shutting down.

·
Failure's Art
1,904 Posts
It beats being not alive. Just wish I was doing it in a different body.

·
alien monk
8,438 Posts
its a strange question because i'm not happy, but i am happy to be alive. happy is a strange word and i probably don't understand it.

·
Self isolating from self
3,002 Posts
Mostly I'm just tired of life. I just go around in the same circles, and never get anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
Only as 'happy' as 'blissfully' knowing nothing else than what is in front of me. Not sure if that says much.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,505 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it most of the time.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
There are days that I wish I wasn't alive and some days that aren't too bad. All in all I don't think I'll ever be happy to be alive.

·
(*__*)
1,329 Posts
Not really. It’s not like anything useful is happening in my life. I’m pretty much disabled according to society except for the fact that I’m more or less functional on paper.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Yes, because the alternative is to literally be nothing at all. You can't be happy or unhappy when you don't exist.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,964 Posts

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
Interesting, one man pushed the button 190 times "I'm not sure what was up with him" Prof Wilson said :spit

Existence in general is pain though, the 3 most common things most of us have to do at some point for an easier life are painful ie: school, work & exercise & that's even without relationships, accidents, disease, mental illness, murder, rape etc the list is endless.

So in my opinion it's easier to see why people would choose pain over boredom cause that's the point.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts