Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been posting a bit on this site but I thought I better come in here and say hello. My name is Rachel and I'm twenty years old. I've had depression for some years now, as well as other anxiety issues. Lately though, it seems that I'm having the most problems with my social anxiety. I live with my mum, who I used to think understood my problems pretty well as she has depression too, though I don't think she understands the anxiety part of it as much. I get frustrated by having very few people to talk to. I feel embarrassed about having SA, like I'm some sort of freak. I know that I'm not, but it's hard to stop thinking so negatively when I'm overwhelmed with crippling fear so much. I just wish I could get on with my life. SA is holding me back from doing so many things. From getting a job, from making new friends-- from experiencing life, really. Anyway, thanks for reading. :D

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Hey, welcome to SAS! Good to hear your story. Hopefully this forum has been helping you. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Rachel welcome. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I feel that way, too. We're the same age, I still live with my parents, and as much as I want to do so much I feel like I can't.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, SecretlySheCries! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts