Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of wanted to make a thread in the positive thinking section since i've joined, and i tought this may be a good idea to help others. So the idea is to invite the users of this forum to share tricks that help them get over negative toughts or excessive fears of being judged. Even if you don't find it very effective, it may be for someone else so do not be afraid to share.

Personally, i used to imagine a Stop sign in my mind when things started to get out of hands, it wasn't alway effective, but i still use it today and it work most of the time now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
one thing that has been helping me lately is thinking that i'm not the only one going through this mess and others could be going through worse (not saying that i'm glad about it). it didn't help much at first but it became more automatic the more I thought about it.

·
Out of here
1,680 Posts
Coincidentally, I was just reading a book that says that negative thoughts are like passing external noises - they come and go.

"Think of it this way: the mind is to thoughts as the ear is to sounds."

We should think of the mind as an internal sensory receptor, and the noises it picks up do not necessarily have to be taken seriously.

"The Mindful Way Through Depression" by Mark Williams et al.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow. This is not an easy thing. It is hard. As quite possibly the best tips on this I imagine would be rejected by many who have blocks inside them, because it usually involves your own ego and violates possibly the 'do not make people feel bad' if there are people who are not ready for such a tip. So here is my tip:

Negative thoughts come from you being the person you are today, hiding from the person you should be today

Something within you is wrong on how you perceive yourself and the world around you. Not that you need more confidence. Not that you need to tell yourself how you are fine the way you are. None of that stuff that never lasts long. False ego.

What is needed, truly, is a hard battle with yourself, looking at the way you perceive others around you. Only then you will everything else naturally fall into place, and positive thoughts come.

Hard battle to be born again. Not easy. If I said anything else I would be a liar, and not helping.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmm...The above is to vague. I just wanted to impress that the journey can be long and hard. But you want short tips.

Ok here is a short tip:

Kill all expectation. If you feel bad, it is because you are expecting too much of yourself in the future or the past. This takes you way from the present.

All negative thought is from surveying the future and the past, because you cannot find a sense of self that fits into the present.

For the short fix. Don't survey your thoughts on events outside the present. But neither is this a quick fix. It is something you have to keep remembering to do.

Eternally recur your best ways, tips, ideas.

The most important part of positive thought, is to have ways to find the FEELING, that first led to the thought.

You can get up in a bad mood, and read your best TIP, but you will not feel better.

You need to make a big shift inside to feel better. You need to constantly steer yourself like a prized car. If you bump into somebody else and scratch their paint, your paint will be scratched too.

You need to eternally recur doing good for others. And positive thoughts will come naturally.

It is all about eternally recurring a way

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thinking that about how impermanent the world is.. millions of kings famous ppl and average ppl came to this world lived and died... or u can go to a graveyard and see the reality of life... it makes me laugh at my non stop worrying. stops all comparisons and judgements and i just find myself... Life becomes simple and i see anything is possible if i want to.. plus all your social anxiety disappear . peace takes over

1 - 6 of 6 Posts