Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm currently studying abroad in europe and the city i'm studying in is close to another city where i know someone. this person i met and knew for for one summer when i was 17 and he was 20, as his dad was my boss lol. Anyways, we hung out a few times with a group of other people, so i never really knew him that well. we were jsut friendly with each other. anyways, so i hadn't seen or talked to him at all for 4 years until i put on facebook that i was studying in this city, and he commented saying where he lives is very close and that i am welcome to stay at his place if i ever wanted to visit his city. I don't know if he's just being friendly or feels obliged to say it to be polite/friendly since he knows that i know he's there? I grew up in a conservative asian family and so i grew up thinking that it's weird for a girl to stay at a guy's place if they are not an item lol. but i want to visit his city, and also i had a crush on him back then so i do wanna see what he's like now. but of course, with SA, i would be nervous and assume that i'd mess it up. anyways, I do'nt know if i should contact him and go. would he get the wrong message?

another thing i was thinking is, if i do contact him (if he even remembers his offer), would he think that i'm a weird loner to go there alone? Normally study abroad students find people to travel with (every study abroad student i've met here travelled in pairs or groups), and the city he lives in is the capital and so obviously most people would visit there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts