Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever just decided a week beforehand to go book a plane or something and visit some place for a week? There's like a 15 percent chance that I'll book a flight to go to New York for next week, but I've never traveled anywhere alone, and I don't have the best sense of direction.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
I was stationed in Scotland many years ago and hopped on a train to London for the weekend. It was interesting to say the least. I had no place to stay and knew nothing about the city. I found a small hotel that was not exactly cheap and walked all over the city. Met a nice guy and I won't go into details.

Now I prefer to have things planned out. Like where I'm staying and how I'll get around. In Dec of 2007 I took a trip out to California. I had everything planned out. Flights, rental car, hotel etc. It worked out quite nicely.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. Maybe I'll plan it out for the end of April and by that time I'll have read a guide book. I do think it's better to plan things out. The airfare's so cheap right now, it's amazing. I just want to get out of here. :yes

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Spring time in NYC would be better. And I like knowing where I am staying the day before at least. Do a little bit of research, but be open to doing other things and relaxing a little.

I went to Sydney, with just a small list of things I wanted to do, but was able to have a really good trip. It was 6pm before I found a place that had a room open in the part of the city I was in, so that was a little nerve-wracking. It all worked out in the end though.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
I went to San Diego in March with some friends, and all we had was a car, gas money, and a place to stay. And let's just say, that we could have used a little more planning.

Have some idea of things to do both rain or shine.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have Spring break next week, so it'd be really last-minute. The plane there and back would only be like 350 dollars, and I'd want to stay in a hostel to save money, if any are available. It's tempting. I do have the money and the time, but I think I'm just gonna go in April when school's over.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I jumped on a plane to the middle of nowhere once, Uluru N.T. Ended up living there for 4 months. :)
Ive also caught a train to Sydney for the weekend.
When I lived on the Sunshine Coast QLD, I decided to catch a train to Brisbane for the day without telling anyone.
I love running away and exploring on my own!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.