Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What countries have you guys and gals been to? What were they like? Any cool stories? Which ones were your favourites?

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
im a first generation mexican american so ive been to mexico a few times. the small town my parents are from is like stepping back in time. i dont know how many people live there now but pretty much everyone knows each other. the streets are dirt and some people still use horses for transportation. there are about three phones and four stores in the entire town. the town is in the middle of nowhere so sometimes you see coyotes or deer. the city is about an hour from the town. a bus comes into the town square every now and then to pick up and drop off people to and from the city. ive never been to europe but the city looks like pictures of some european citys with cathedrals and old buildings. the center has a garden where you find venders selling stuff. course now theres a lot of kidnapping there so i wouldnt want to go back just yet

also lived in south korea for 15months when i was in the army. it was nice. wouldnt mind living there. some of the people live in sheds and theres a lot of open country. reminded me a lot like mexico. the cities look pretty nice. better than any of the cities ive seen in the states. would love to go back to south korea

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
traveling is pretty much my favorite thing ever. i've been to italy, greece, china, germany, austria, philippines, mexico, and the caribbean. pompeii is the best place i've ever visited, but the philippines was the best experience. i went there on my own, instead of hitching a ride with family, to visit someone i hadn't actually met before. i'm still amazed i was able to do that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
What countries have you guys and gals been to? What were they like? Any cool stories? Which ones were your favourites?
Been to Sweden, Germany, and Italy. I'd have to say Germany was the best place. Italy was nice but don't think i'd really go back there. Sweden was a nice getaway but kind of limited as far as going out and seeing things.

Germany has, Castles, Roman Culture, the Nuburgring and many other places to see. Its also a very clean and a beautiful country. Easy to get around in a car as long as you have GPS (difficult to read the signs).

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I haven't been to many places except for Germany, Sicily, and Spain. Most of the experiences were pretty good, and most included lots of beer drinking, lol.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I've only been to Canada, I was very young at the time and don't remember much about it.

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
Until two years ago, I had never been on a plane before. But then my parents had this sudden desperation to "go on holiday abroad" - I've been to Spain and Vietnam. I had this one day trip to France as well about 5 years ago but can't really remember it and no pictures to prove I ever went (I was only about 11 at the time).

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Ive been;

USA
- NC, SC, MD, DC, DE, NJ, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, NY, PA, FL, TX, NV, UT, CA.

Asia
- China, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
i've been to Cyprus several times.

i've visited the Netherlands once, only spent time in Amsterdam and briefly Rotterdam.

U.S., just to florida.

i think that's it. i love traveling and i look forward to doing it once i get to a point where i have money saved and figure out what i am doing about school.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
France, Italy, Greece, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany.

As for the U.S., I've been to a lot of states in the east and south. Never been to New York or California, though.

·
Perv Ranger #14
311 Posts
I have done most of my traveling alone to meet people I have met on the internet and have spoke to for 2+ years. I have been to Australia, Canada, and a couple places across the Unite States over the last 3 years.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was in Florida since making this thread actually. Really nice, tons of jellyfish though but I managed to dodge them all :)

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Canada, Scotland, Great Britain, Mexico

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
South Africa (born there), Germany, England, Malaysia, Macau

Germany was probably my favorite, really is a nice place, specially Stuttgart where we spent most of our time.

England was also very nice though I hated London, but the country made up for it (Malvern Hills etc) which was simply stunning.

South Africa.....Well it would be an ice holiday destination to see the wildlife and stuff, but I would never want to live there ever again, the place is a complete mess.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts