Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here experienced dreams in which you get laughed at by people/peers of the past at school, work etc... because you're so shy and isolated.., you're such a hermie, nerd etc... Trauma Of the past - I mean. dreams maybe even set the distant past.

The pain, the faces and voices of the people that humiliated you; u try so hard to forget, but they all come back to you traveling through time, so fresh and real when you sleep at night. So, when you wake up you still feel the sting of the words they said about you.

Don't get me wrong... remember Nardil works great, has not stopped working for a sec.. but too bad does not help me get sweet dreams. Anyway, the topic here is not about Nardil..Just general..can people in here tell me do you ever face the same problem? How do you deal with these painful dreams? Need some help. (Are there any meds to help?)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Most nights it's like that. The people from school have probably forgotten me by now, but being so isolated since then, there aren't new faces or experiences to populate my dreams. So I'm stuck with them as my dream characters. Talk about an incentive to meet new people...

/needs to learn lucid dreaming so can fight menacing people in dreams... "I know Kung Fu"

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
How old are you ?
I think with time it should get easier the older you get. Most people do not care to remember back then. If the people have grown up some of them may even regret what they said/did.
Like what the other person says it sounds like PTSD a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts