Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Bingo Cook
11,401 Posts
I seen it today and I have to say it was very good. I was entertained throughout the whole movie. It has a bunch of laughs in it. Action packed as only Michael Bay can do. Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee were awesome as well as the other Autobots.

The villains were the most villainous out any of the three previous movies. Optimus Prime is almost unrecognizable at the beginning. I thought Mark Wahlberg was great in the movie. :yes

I give it a 5 out of 5. :yes :)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I'll eventually see it but it might not be this weekend. We'll see. Whenever I go to see one of these films I have to temper my approach with the knowledge that it basically has nothing to do with the old 1980s cartoons-- 95% of the characters and relationships are just completely different.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I don't like Michael Bay or Transformers. The action is difficult to follow--I can make out a few tits and some punches and so forth, but the conflicts and narrative fall flat--not to mention the ridiculous fever pitch style of Bay's dialogue. It just doesn't work, I don't like LaBeouf, and I can already see what sort of movie will come out of Mark Wahlberg's casting this time around. Not to mention it had a 16% on rotten the last time I checked.

(I do miss Megan Fox though.)

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
Yuck, all the previous Transformers instalments have been less than fantastic, and this one isn't looking to be any better, judging by reviews.

It also goes for OVER 2 & 1/2 HOURS.

Ugh.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw it today and I was underwhelmed to put it lightly. The absence of any of the previous cast members made the movie feel out of place. As with all of these movies, the action was messy and hard to follow most of the time.

This is also one of the few movies I've seen in 3D and it was less impressive than some of the other 3D movies I've seen.

I'd give this movie a 6 out of 10 at best. It was difficult to relate to the new casting... I didn't feel a connection with newcomer Mark Wahlberg or his daughter. There wasn't much chemistry among any of the human stars in this movie, and most of the time I was left wishing they'd just get off the screen so I could see Optimus Prime ***** slap somebody.

I did like to see that Kelsey Grammer is still getting work, though. I loved his role in Frasier, and he just has a very calming presence, which is a welcome relief in a movie this chaotic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL SCORE: 6/10

1 - 6 of 6 Posts