Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chimpoleon
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to get prescribed Tramadol for Anxiety? I recently fractured my ribcage and got a few of these (200mg x7) for the pain -- but its amazing what they do for my SA. (Unlike the morphine i was originally prescribed which made me feel like crap )

At work instead of actually working (don't worry, It'll get done :b ) I find myself walking around talking to all my coworkers about the most random stuff -- no anxiety at all (and only minor pain from the ribcage). This is what I was hoping clonazepam would do but I get very little benefit from that (even at dosages of 2mg)

Just wondering if any other people have had experiences with it and/or gotten prescriptions for it

·
Banned
232 Posts
although its a synthetic morphine, it usually has a small effect on anxiety or depression, it is of course a pain med, Ive taken a lot of it for pain and havent noticed any antianxiety effects

but if it helps your anxiety, stay on it, a pillcutter can be used to get reduced doses

·
Chimpoleon
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but if it helps your anxiety, stay on it, a pillcutter can be used to get reduced doses
Right, I wish I could stay on it, but I'm pretty much out -- and its not really a SA mediciation so I don't know if bringing it up with my Dr might bring some negative conceptions up (asking for opiods* for anxiety heh)

*synthetic :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Tramadol rocks. Some people dont get anything from it. I got euphoria effects from it and some anxiety reducing effects from it along with making me more pro social. I cant take it anymore as im on nardil.

Tramadol is narcotic like, a fully synthetic opiate, and not a controlled substance as far as i know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts