Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know this might not sound like a lot to some people, but i'm very chuffed with myself :)

We were on the train and I needed the toilet, and I said this to my fiance and asked if he could come with me, because I panicked about walking whilst it was moving, opening all the doors and working the toilet.

He said he would if I really wanted him to, but he didn't want to carry the bags all that way, so I said i'd go on my own.

I went all the way to the toilet, which was two carriages down, worked all the doors and the toilet one fine! I kept nearly falling over while walking down, but I just laughed as though I didn't care - even though I was having a panic attack inside!

I'm really happy I managed to do this, and I think it's a great step for me as I haven't been doing anything on my own since 2007, so i'm really proud :D

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
:D Hey, good for you,
I think it always has to be little steps when you're dealing with anxieties.
But little steps turn into bigger steps. I take the train everyday but I've not used the toilet on one even when I've needed to, they're confusing now with the electrical doors and everything.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ Yeah, I double-checked it was locked! :p

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou! :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.