Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this might not sound like a lot to some people, but i'm very chuffed with myself :)

We were on the train and I needed the toilet, and I said this to my fiance and asked if he could come with me, because I panicked about walking whilst it was moving, opening all the doors and working the toilet.

He said he would if I really wanted him to, but he didn't want to carry the bags all that way, so I said i'd go on my own.

I went all the way to the toilet, which was two carriages down, worked all the doors and the toilet one fine! I kept nearly falling over while walking down, but I just laughed as though I didn't care - even though I was having a panic attack inside!

I'm really happy I managed to do this, and I think it's a great step for me as I haven't been doing anything on my own since 2007, so i'm really proud :D

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
:D Hey, good for you,
I think it always has to be little steps when you're dealing with anxieties.
But little steps turn into bigger steps. I take the train everyday but I've not used the toilet on one even when I've needed to, they're confusing now with the electrical doors and everything.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
One time I was on the train and the door popped open while some girl was doing her business. The train was packed to standing room as well. Make sure the door is locked! Good job btw. :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Yeah, I double-checked it was locked! :p

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Good step. It sounds like you're gaining some confidence and independence. Congrats!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thankyou! :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good for you Fairyxo. Doing anything in a small space with a bunch of strangers around can be quite nerve wracking, so way to go.

We don't have toilets on the trains here. Well, not the everyday ones. Someone should fix that.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts