Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can I ask for it here? :hide (feel free to delete)

download a dvd, but it's .vob and .inf files.. how do i mount these, or make them viewable?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
There's nothing illegal about downloading a DVD if its copyright is expired, or the copyright holder has released it into the public domain. I'm sure you wouldn't consider doing anything illegal :)

I know PowerDVD can play .VOB files directly if they're unencrypted. WinDVD might be able to do this, too, but I haven't tried yet.

-Ryan

·
Registered
282 Posts
I hope this isn't "hijacking" the original intent of the thread- but is there any smart person who understands torrents, who knows of maybe a site I could go to, where they'd be explained for people (more computer-ly challenged), who are confused by using them? I've tried them a few times for dowloading concerts, but never understand if I'm dowloading right or dowloading it at all....

·
Registered
323 Posts
brygb217 said:
I hope this isn't "hijacking" the original intent of the thread- but is there any smart person who understands torrents, who knows of maybe a site I could go to, where they'd be explained for people (more computer-ly challenged), who are confused by using them? I've tried them a few times for dowloading concerts, but never understand if I'm dowloading right or dowloading it at all....
A good place to start...plenty of links at the bottom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent

It's really very easy once you start using BitTorrent.

1. Install client (if your behind a hardware router, you'll need to find out about port-forwarding!)
2. Download .torrent files (save as)
3. Doubleclick .torrent file
4. If there are seeders, it will download fully, if not there's a good chance it won't. (may take a short while to connect depending on tracker status...if it's an old torrent file, it may be 'dead' and thus not downloadable anymore).
5. Leave it to download...speeds may be slow with few seeders
6. Once its downloaded, leave running until it's uploaded the same amount of data as it downloaded (of if you do turn the pc off, ensure you continue sharing at a later date)

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah but in america if you work for a beer company and your seen drinking a different beer in public, you will get fired.

just an interesting fact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts