Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, does anyone else ever wonder that in trying to simply talk to people you sometimes come off as being TOO social and looking desperate because your trying hard to fight your SA?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Absolutely! I started another thread the other day regarding whether the key to having friends is to act indifferent. I always worry about appearing too talkative and maybe a 'male bimbo'. I fear that the vibe people get from me comes off as forced. But the subjects I usually talk about are not 'dumb' topics. They're deeper and more intellectual.

But regarding being too social, it's not just SA having an impact on the way I socialize but also the fact that I haven't had any friends for a LONG time because of SA.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about this:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I definately have this problem too! I do this really great thing where I'm really clingy and desperate, then I realise that I'm coming off too strong and scaring the other person away, so I back off- way too much. Then I come off as cold. I can't seem to do the middle thing. I'm always either too clingy or too detached.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Yeah I'm reserved at the beginning, then get too attached to people. I need to follow a more moderate stable approach to interacting with people.. somehow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts