Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been an extremely shy person my whole life. i remember going through many days during elementary and middle school without speaking to a single person. ive improved a bit in my adult life out of sheer necessity but its a constant struggle. i still have much fewer friends than i would like to have and feel quite deficient. i do get comfort out of knowing others like me and often seek out other fellow wallflowers in social situations. this is an approach i have used my whole life to try to acclimate. this is what drew me to this forum.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome!!! I understand your experiences as my SA also started from a young age. The "struggle" is difficult, however, with medication/treatment one can overcome SA.

On the other hand, others have chose to disregard chemical dependency and embrace SA for what it is: a part of them. In either case, I understand your struggles as I face them daily as well.

Feel free to vent here, as no one will judge you.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Crumberger! :)

The first thing you should do is learn to handle regular conversations first. Get to the small talk stuff - watch how people share information. Become confident in yourself in the process...THEN.....build up to more intimate relationships.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts