Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

So after months of debating I have decided enough is enough and my life needs to change and I need professional help. The problem though is that, as pathetic as it sounds, I am too scared to book an appointment with the receptionist over the phone and even the thought of it makes me cringe with fear as I have no clue what to say.

It is very frustrating as I have been stalling the visit to my GP for over a month now all due to this pathetic reason and my life is just deteriorating around me. I now have 0 friends and I am reserved socially towards my family who just think it's me 'being quiet' and I just want more than ever to be normal (ie have friends, go to parties ever now and then, actually post something on FB etc...)

Anyway, what do I say to book the appointment, I'm sure i am over thinking it but I know I will just freeze up and put the phone down immediately once they pick up.

Thanks for reading,
ButterOnToast

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey ..i dont know where you live but i used Zocdoc to book my doctors appointments...You can do it online and even fill out all your information before you get there. You dont have to talk to anyone :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can say "hello, I'd like to book an appointment to see one of the doctors please" and then the receptionist will say "ok, when would you like to come in?" and then you reply with a date you can do and they will run through times the doctor is free then.
I'd recommend having a backup day you are free so that if the doctor can't see you on the date you ask you can suggest an alternative to the receptionist.

Hope this helps :) I hate phoning them too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Niagra622 - sorry my fault, I should have mentioned that I'm from the UK and i don't think Zocdoc is available here. Appreciate the help though :)

Dexlab - thanks for that, I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes :)

Thanks for the replies both of you, much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts