·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-delete-

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
Look around, see if you can find something that's free that will help. It's out there. Not American, but I know it's out there. I know that in some cases, Medication can really help and I'm on meds ATM and it's kinda helping. Councilling, CBT, etc, can help some people, there's people that swear by it and don't take meds.

I think a normal doc can prescribe anti-anxiety pills. A psychiatrist can to, but from what I've seen around here, that costs more. One appointment may be all you need to get the prescription, but you will probably have to go back time over time ove again. And there is the chance that the first meds they try won't work.

Oh, and if you're in school/college is not any sort of councillor there that would be able to help you or advise you in some way? Your college will probably have some sort of service like that, or at the very least, they'll be able to tell you where to go and what to do.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Move out and get the aid you need. Oh and don't earn too much (that's what Obama is pushing you to do). That's way better than waiting for a Jewish zombie to save you.

Believe me, being independent from your parents is very healthy, and can also help with sa.
Hahah. Moving out is a thing I would love to do, but is so far beyond my reach. I can't even drive. I would be utterly terrified living in a house by myself... I can't even fathom it. holycraaaapp

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look around, see if you can find something that's free that will help. It's out there. Not American, but I know it's out there. I know that in some cases, Medication can really help and I'm on meds ATM and it's kinda helping. Councilling, CBT, etc, can help some people, there's people that swear by it and don't take meds.

I think a normal doc can prescribe anti-anxiety pills. A psychiatrist can to, but from what I've seen around here, that costs more. One appointment may be all you need to get the prescription, but you will probably have to go back time over time ove again. And there is the chance that the first meds they try won't work.

Oh, and if you're in school/college is not any sort of councillor there that would be able to help you or advise you in some way? Your college will probably have some sort of service like that, or at the very least, they'll be able to tell you where to go and what to do.
I'm not sure, there probably is a counselor but I'd be too scared to go see them alone and I don't really have friends here.
Do you think a doctor's appointment would cost 100 or less?
And how do I get started looking around? And when you say not American you mean, I'd have to move out of the country?

·
Registered
566 Posts
There are free mental health clinics around. One of those would be the place to go. I'm sorry I don't know what they're called where you live. Otherwise, maybe the health services at your college? I don't know if they require insurence, I've never been to college. Good luck man.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are free mental health clinics around. One of those would be the place to go. I'm sorry I don't know what they're called where you live. Otherwise, maybe the health services at your college? I don't know if they require insurence, I've never been to college. Good luck man.
I'm not sure if they have those in the US, thanks though ^_^

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
Not leave the country. As someone said, they'll be free mental health clinics or charities that will offer councilling, or SA support groups. And what about your colleges website, does hat not tell you whether they have a councillor or not?

Cost of a doctors appointment...it seems to be around $100, sometimes over. I dunno, googles not telling me much. Meds, Price varies.

You did not hear this from me, and it's illegal, but you can buy meds online and get them posted for a few dollars or so. If you're gonna do that though, make sure you know what you're getting.

There's some website where they'll give you a prescription online, I don't think that's illegal, but I dunno if they do anxiety pills or not. It'll save you a trip to the docs though if you can.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
For free medical care, you can go to your county mental health services, look it up online. See if your college has a health center, if so, they probably offer free counseling and medical for you.

Otherwise, apply for state medical insurance. To see a private therapist or psychiatrist, you will probably have to pay out of pocket. therapists, counselors and psychologists just talk to you. Only doctors and psychiatrists can prescribe medications. Sorry that your parents suck, good luck to you.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
negative, offensive... your personal feelings. Someone who rose from the dead = zombie. According to the story, many people were scared when the J-man allegedly rose from the dead back in the day. They thought he was a zombie, just as we would today. Think about it, if a homeless guy died today and then became re-animated you would think he was a zombie as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dude Im totally in the same boat as you!(sorry if that doesnt help, but its nice to hear someone in the same situation though right?)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
That's way better than waiting for a Jewish zombie to save you.
I couldn't figure out what that meant yesterday when I first read it.

It's so hard to know who to look to as a savior -- why a crucified carpenter when perhaps we should look to a shot plumber or stabbed roofer?:D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aaaanndd this turned into religious banter. Lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not leave the country. As someone said, they'll be free mental health clinics or charities that will offer councilling, or SA support groups. And what about your colleges website, does hat not tell you whether they have a councillor or not?

Cost of a doctors appointment...it seems to be around $100, sometimes over. I dunno, googles not telling me much. Meds, Price varies.

You did not hear this from me, and it's illegal, but you can buy meds online and get them posted for a few dollars or so. If you're gonna do that though, make sure you know what you're getting.

There's some website where they'll give you a prescription online, I don't think that's illegal, but I dunno if they do anxiety pills or not. It'll save you a trip to the docs though if you can.
Oh, okay, really? I would like to buy some online, but I don't know what I would need to take.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For free medical care, you can go to your county mental health services, look it up online. See if your college has a health center, if so, they probably offer free counseling and medical for you.

Otherwise, apply for state medical insurance. To see a private therapist or psychiatrist, you will probably have to pay out of pocket. therapists, counselors and psychologists just talk to you. Only doctors and psychiatrists can prescribe medications. Sorry that your parents suck, good luck to you.
Ah, okay. Thank you

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude Im totally in the same boat as you!(sorry if that doesnt help, but its nice to hear someone in the same situation though right?)
Yeah, hope things work out for you

1 - 20 of 26 Posts