Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I feel down I think of how there are so many people in this world, from past to present, billions and billions of people and it keeps going. I'm just one person, why does it matter? :roll

·
Registered
582 Posts
I often wonder with the number of people on earth how it can be possible to feel so lonely and have problems meeting new friends, it's kind of depressing really.

·
Registered
492 Posts
True dat, It is a taxing thought. But we can turn it into a positive. Like the poster stated "Why does it matter?" It doesn't, there's soooo many people in the world who cares if one person doesn't like you? Are a million people? There's plenty more that will. Powerful realization, but .. unless you apply it it's meaningless.
But yeah who cares?

·
SAS Master
943 Posts
It matters in a way if people don't like you because you don't randomly dematerialize and appear in front of different people everyday. Just because there are 7 billion people in the world, that's not the number we have to work with. What matters is the people we have contact with and that number is much lower.

I've thought about this and here is another thought I find interesting. Sometimes people may impress upon us that we should feel empathy for others suffering in the world, like people in Africa suffering from AIDS, or empoverished people. BUT, would it of been our moral duty to have empathy for such persons when we didn't know about them. Think about it, before TV, or if we didn't get educations, our idea of the world would be much smaller. A long time ago, before there was communication, would you worry about a famine being faced my native americans before the americas were discovered if you lived in Britain? NO! So have we discovered everything? NO! There is no doubt life on other planets that suffers horribly and nobody gives it a second thought, because we weren't presented with the knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts