Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been a while but today was a really good day for me. i had been having some trouble with this guy i work with being very rude to me and bossing me around and trying to belittle me. i got fed up with it and pulled him to the back of the store and talked to him personally. its funny how these ppl put up these fronts but he almost broke down right in front of me. he couldnt even look me in the eyes and his voice was shaking when he was talking back. he was so used to thinking that i was just going to lay down and take it and i actually got a kick out of seeing him unravel. i was amicable about everything and just told him in a stern fashion that it needed to stop immediately. idk what it was but once i walked away and got back to work it was like i literally felt this weight lifted off my shoulders. the day went so smoothly and i even noticed i was being a little more playful and social with some of my coworkers. im def. not cured after one day, but i hope that in time i have more positive experiences like this and it will help me come out of my shell a little more. thanks for reading, i hope in some way this helps someone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, that's so awesome! Confrontation is so difficult for people (me included). You should be really proud of yourself. I hope everything stays well for you at work. :)

·
Full circle, new highway
365 Posts
Really, really good job on this assertion. Usually you only read of stories like these in novels or see them portrayed in movies. In the end, the people that are unreasonably rude are pretty much in a pre-adolescent stage and need to be corrected in that fashion. Knowing your importance made you that much more convincing and you proved to yourself that you believe in yourself. Well done!

·
Registered
20 Posts
WOW!!!! Congrats. You just gave me some hope and courage in dealing with confrontations, which I usually avoid. Well done

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
It really is true what's said about bullies - they put up a front, but behind all that, they are basically scared themselves.

Well done to you for remaining rational, and just telling it like it is.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

but seriously thats lol material. That guy probley felt like **** for the rest of the day and it sounds like he deserved it. Its funny how people react differently when they are in a one on one situation compared to a group setting. Tell it like it is homie.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You are so awesome. Confrontation is incredibly difficult and you handled yourself so well. I hope to one day have the courage to do what you just did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts