Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I try and seek help but at 29 I now feel im to old to change, the fact that in most respects Id have to start a fresh and I feel im just to old to start over?

Your thoughts please?

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
Hi - I try and seek help but at 29 I now feel im to old to change, the fact that in most respects Id have to start a fresh and I feel im just to old to start over?

Your thoughts please?
Yikes! 29? You are allowed and encouraged to start over every time you take a breath! Up until 99. After that you're too old. And yes, I am being sarcastic.

·
Bigg Slapp
226 Posts
I'm 26 and i feel like I hit my rhythm at 23, what i do is what i do.

which is why a long term relationship would be so hard. you have to compromise and find common ground. and i like my ground how it is. somebody else might cause an earthquake and shatter it. i exercise, i work, i shop, and i exercise some more.

that's it.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Freak,

It is NEVER too late. Don't let age trick you into thinking that nothing can be done. We have the ability to improve ourselves right up through old age and then some. We have people of all ages here at SAS. :)

Welcome to the site :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Freak welcome. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou for your welcomes and replys :)- If it's cool id like to hang around and ask a few questions to help me understand SA.

Im thinking now that my question was quite negative and obviously no one is to old to do anything, its more a mental block -however im still curious on peoples opinion on the subject.

·
Improving
987 Posts
Welcome to SAS!

I thought I was too old when I first went for help too. I'm a lot older than you and have improved through therapy and meds. It's a slow process though. I've been working at it 2 years and still have a ways to go but I am definately much better than I was. It's never too late.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,579 Posts
Being 29 myself, I say life begins at 30. At least, I hope so.

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
Never too old, you're still relatively young too. The only time is 'now' whenever 'now' is. If you don't seize the day, you'll have to at some point, at a later date, and then you'll be older and wish you had done it earlier.

Never too old, regardless of your age.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts