Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's more a long term goal because I don't have a job yet. I've lived outside before and I was fine, but I was living on loaned cash. Anyways, this thread is just here to remind myself. No need to pay any attention. Though if you have a motivational story about how great it is to no longer be under their thumb, please share. I could use a push.

·
Protector of the Den
15,034 Posts
Good luck steelmyhand! Best of luck with the job search as well :) I'm considering moving out when I graduate from college.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and another thing I'm going to do is point out when people get my name wrong.
I'm joking, of course. Ha Ha. Or am I? Yes, I am. I'm sure it was a typo :D (Or... was it some sort of diabolical challenge aimed at testing my mettle?? huh?? was it?? I need to know!)
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good luck, stealmyhead! (couldn't resist ;))

I was living at home jobless for about 2 years after finishing highschool. I'd just play the computer and watch TV. Whenever I saw my parents, well mostly my dad, he would nag me, and tell me to get a life. That sort of stuff. I did work with him at a concrete factory for several months before being laid off, but that was horrible.

One week my sister came up for a visit, and spontaneously, both her and my dad had a little intervention. I admitted I was completely miserable there and they suggested I live with my sister, who lives closer to the city, and hunt for jobs. I agreed.

I hated living with my sister. It was uncomfortable, difficult, aggravating, but ultimately the best decision I've made in my life. We had sooo many arguments, and I hated it when they were home, but it helped me become more independent, and allowed me to get the job that I currently love. Four months ago I moved closer to work to a nice area above Sydney, with complete strangers. I'm finally independent, and being at mum and dads is far behind me. I have so many problems with myself to fix (social anxiety is but one of them), but I can only see improvement in the future.

I still feel like sh** sometimes though.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It took 1 year and 3 months, but it looks like I finally have a job and am moving out of my parent's house :)

For my next trick, I will stay employed for more than 3 months.

·
merry-seeking
473 Posts
Congrats! I wish you well with all that.
I agree with Dempsey that "I still feel like sh** sometimes"...but I'd rather feel like sh** under my own roof than someone else's.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! I wish you well with all that.
I agree with Dempsey that "I still feel like sh** sometimes"...but I'd rather feel like sh** under my own roof than someone else's.
Moving out is exciting and scary at the same time. I think that means I'm doing it right, though.
Thank you!

·
merry-seeking
473 Posts
Moving out is exciting and scary at the same time. I think that means I'm doing it right, though.
Thank you!
I'm hoping to be moving myself relatively soon. I've done it many times, but this time around I don't have nearly enough money for any of the awesome places I've seen that I'd love to rent on my own. And no prospect of earning enough, since my job is over in five weeks. I may have to do another house-share situation, with strangers. :|

I agree, the prospect is both exciting and scary. All the best to you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts