Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is starting now, to get off my anti-anxiety med. I'll have to let my doc know soon, but I think I can probably do it. I will have to do so gradually. I think it has been the cause of some of my problems eating. I have very little appetite and that is what some drugs do. I have been on these kinds of meds for over eleven years and it has helped me through some rough times. Now though I am doing better, and I think if I can handle things better, then I ought to be able to use other coping skills to get me through anxiety. Anyway, I am going to work at this. It's a habit kind of like people that smoke. Most people know the risks or results of smoking but it's too hard for them to quit. It does take effort.

Anyway maybe this will result in better health for me which is a goal everyone wants-bettter health. I'm kind of scared.... but I think it might just be a good thing in the long run. I will keep posting my progress if I truly can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Anxiety28,

It's good to have a goal like this. But do seek advice from your doctor first before starting it. Check with the doctor which are the medicine that you can reduce the intake. Slowly but definitely, you will have better health. And do exercise too ;)

Just remember, dont give up on the goal you have set ;) You can do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts