Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
does this medication act in a fashion similar to baclofen?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
does this medication act in a fashion similar to baclofen?
Yes, they both act the same, being entirely useless sugar pills. Though both have zero side effects, so true sugar pills.

Zanaflex is a muscle relaxant, just like baclofen is.

It was the top choice of my former pdoc in 2015. This pdoc was a Suboxone doc, used to treating heroin junkies, and he gave me the advice of "Smoke marijuana" when I asked what he would do if he were in my position.

Anyone who wants to try Zanaflex (tizanidine) will surely have no problem getting it since it's not a controlled substance.

IMO, the only muscle relaxant at all likely to help with SA would be Soma. And that's because Soma is metabolized into meprobamate which was a wildly popular tranquilizer sold under the brand name Miltown back in the 1950s. That would be before benzos came along, with Librium in 1960, soon followed by Valium in 1963.

Our beloved DEA made Soma a C-IV controlled substance some years back. It previously was not a controlled substance for decades. Though your body converted it into meprobamate which was a C-IV controlled substance. This means you're not getting it & you can send a Thank You card to the DEA for that. Or you can choose instead to post a sig line similar to mine.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
Yes, they both act the same, being entirely useless sugar pills. Though both have zero side effects, so true sugar pills.
I see. Those could possibly trigger type 2 diabetes, gotta be careful.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I see. Those could possibly trigger type 2 diabetes, gotta be careful.
Oh, goodie, more meds that can make us diabetic, as if the atypical antipsychotics they now love to shove down our throats weren't already doing a good enough job of that.

Evidently, MDs, treating folks with diabetes and for obesity-related conditions, think it's a good idea to give them drugs that will super-size them further. MDs might be bat s*it crazy.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
I just made a funny remark about all those pills with sugar in them. However, I have read that tizanidine acts on gaba B like baclofen
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts