Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Christian friend. Honestly I really hate debating religion with him mostly because it creates tension in our friendship, the other problem to that is that I'm gay and- despite him still accepting me as a friend- he and his gf's family can say some things I want to question. Merely question.

Lately I haven't been able to talk to him much. I know many of you will say I need to move on but I think my friendship with this person is more important than you think. This guy stood up for me a lot in my school years, and even though we're very different we get along good. I just don't want to lose another friend in growing up.

·
Devoted Dog Lover
275 Posts
I love my Christian friend. Honestly I really hate debating religion with him mostly because it creates tension in our friendship, the other problem to that is that I'm gay and- despite him still accepting me as a friend- he and his gf's family can say some things I want to question. Merely question.

Lately I haven't been able to talk to him much. I know many of you will say I need to move on but I think my friendship with this person is more important than you think. This guy stood up for me a lot in my school years, and even though we're very different we get along good. I just don't want to lose another friend in growing up.
Try to talk to him more. Your religion or sexual preference shouldn't be a problem, everyone is different. Just try avoid any topic on religion. If a religion topic starts coming up try to switch the topic to avoid an argument. What are some things that his girlfriend's family and him say that makes you want to question them ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's difficult questioning religious people. I just question religion in general. Like I can't see how people can't respect other people's choices, like I haven't told them I'm gay but they like me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts